• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Off Limit Freq's

Just use common sence-- stay away from Ham freqs-- alot of the hams out there talk more on the freeband then 10 meter <quote>.

Bushwhacker,

Is that based on fact, conjecture, or an effort to justify filching frequencies by 11 Meter ops!? :D :D :D :LOL: If there were THAT many hams doing it, then there'd be a lot more of them cited for it. It simply isn't WORTH it and makes no sense whatever to do the study, take the test, then throw all of it away for a few lousy "freeband channels". Not when a ham can find HUNDREDS of 'channels' to use and find DX from exotic places that CB guys never hear of. Some oppressive countries don't ALLOW CB, and others are limited by the fact that the distance and band characteristics don't often favor countries on the other side of the world on 11 Meters. But such countries as Bosnia, Australia, S. Africa, and New Zealand are found regularly on 14 MHZ--a frequency off-limits to CBers (unless licensed as a ham). So I would have to question WHY would a licensed ham risk his privileges that FAR exceed that of CB for a few measly "channels"? I know *I* wouldn't!! :D

CWM

CWM

Jerry Grandstaff said:
I have been channel surfin for awhile now and most the the channels are pretty much dead, so I do not know what all the fuss is about with the Export's none of this does any harm to anybody? But I guess rules are rules!

Exactly!!!

It's the biotching from my roommate...he's got this beer sitting in the fridge all week just sitting there not doing anyone any good. He's not drinking it so heck, I decided I'd drink it.

I don't know why he got all bent out of shape last friday when his buddies came over for poke her? :p

C W Morse said:
Just use common sence-- stay away from Ham freqs-- alot of the hams out there talk more on the freeband then 10 meter <quote>.

Bushwhacker,

Is that based on fact, conjecture, or an effort to justify filching frequencies by 11 Meter ops!? :D :D :D :LOL: If there were THAT many hams doing it, then there'd be a lot more of them cited for it. It simply isn't WORTH it and makes no sense whatever to do the study, take the test, then throw all of it away for a few lousy "freeband channels". Not when a ham can find HUNDREDS of 'channels' to use and find DX from exotic places that CB guys never hear of. Some oppressive countries don't ALLOW CB, and others are limited by the fact that the distance and band characteristics don't often favor countries on the other side of the world on 11 Meters. But such countries as Bosnia, Australia, S. Africa, and New Zealand are found regularly on 14 MHZ--a frequency off-limits to CBers (unless licensed as a ham). So I would have to question WHY would a licensed ham risk his privileges that FAR exceed that of CB for a few measly "channels"? I know *I* wouldn't!! :D

CWM

CWM

The problem is that it seems many of these guys want their own private freq to yak with their own...but not always.

Ham or not, it's irrelevant. When you want lick her, you go to a lick her store. When you want dough, you go to a baker, etc...

Plenty of hams do it i know for a fact as a matter of fact they do it all the time where i live.. it dont make me no never mind!!! :roll: :p

Is that based on fact, conjecture, or an effort to justify filching frequencies by 11 Meter ops!? :D :D :D :LOL: If there were THAT many hams doing it, then there'd be a lot more of them cited for it.

CWM

CWM[/quote]

Well it is fact, I've heard many hams talking on those freqs-- after talking with them you find out they have their ticket-- alot of local hams talk on those freqs-- you hear alot of them moving from freeband to ham freqs.
Your only going to get busted if there is someone monitoring-- and in alot of areas theres no one monitoring-- they would be fined you think..... how many hams out there are running illegal power that haven't been fined--- how many are running on enhanced ssb and havent been fined-- there are guys that sell illegal amps for the cb band that haven't been fined-- how many guys on this site own 10 meter rigs or exports that haven't been fined?
Do you really think there are no guys that have their ham ticket that talk on the freeband?
I personally know alot of hardcore cb'ers that have their tickets that use the freeband
--- there are many hams on this site and I'm willing to bet most of them use those freqs
You know as well as I do that there are hams out there not following rules and running illegal modes, bandwidth, power etc etc that have never been cited
Do you really think just because someone has their ham ticket they are all of a sudden not breaking any rules.
Do you think that alot of these hams that have been talking on the freeband for years then get their ticket all of a sudden stop using the freeband?
Thats unrealistic

Sure you want to look at it in a world wide perspective that will bring the percentage down-- in the US and Canada, there are alot of hams thats started out on the cb and as sidebanders on the freeband that got their ticket but still use cb and freeband-- Obviously you didn't quit using cb because you got your ticket--

C W Morse said:
Slip on up to 28.610 SSB sometime. There's a local group that hangs out each evening until their TV programs come on. They
(me, too) drift away one by one after 8-9 PM and they'll show up again around 10-11. You might hear us sometime when the conditions are right.

:) CWM

If I ever get any conditions..... I keep an ear out for ya

well you know, those rangers go 24-32 mhz.

Dont waste your time on lsb use USB, but DO NOT CALL on these frequencies, especially with your amp on full power, someone MAY contact you :twisted:

Happy_Hamer said:

Dont waste your time on lsb use USB, but DO NOT CALL on these frequencies, especially with your amp on full power, someone MAY contact you :twisted:
Who might that be, the frequency mafia? Will I get a dead fish in a newspaper on my doorstep? :LOL:

Happy_Hamer said:

I was curious about one freq in that list-- 27.559
That freq is 4 kc from one of the busiest sideband channels (well it was the busiest at one time)
you have my curiosity up as to who uses that freq?-- Its it gov-- military etc etc?
Since you used the term "rangers" could I assume that it might be military freqs?
Thats darn close to the triple nickle
Do you have any more info on the who's and what's of that particular freq? (27.559)
Thanks

Fdtrucker said:
Happy_Hamer said:

Who might that be, the frequency mafia? Will I get a dead fish in a newspaper on my doorstep? :LOL:

No, but on *some* of those "channels", you will get a letter that states something like this" "Evidence before the Commission indicates that you have been operating on 26.XXX without authorization (military and go'vt stations are "authorized, not licensed"). You are to call ................at
214-XXX-XXXX to discuss this matter......................."

While it may seem trivial, I have personal knowledge of where this happened in the local area! A couple of CBers felt that they had a 'need' for a private channel and got on one of the frequencies mentioned. Several of the members of the military group whose frequencies were being pilfered, DF'ed the guys and turned them into FCC. I don't know what transpired after that, but the interlopers disappeared from the "channel" and didn't return!~ SOME-body got the idea across to them!! LMAO!!!

CWM

embalmer42 said:
Plenty of hams do it i know for a fact as a matter of fact they do it all the time where i live.. it dont make me no never mind!!! :roll: :p

All I can say is, you will not catch *ME* doing that. It doesn't make any sense! And, btw, I DO use a CB radio, but not for what we might think. It is a utility radio to see where I need to move over if there's a wreck. If I had to actually sit and listen to that (censored), I would be a nervous wreck :p )
So it comes on for a couple of minutes, then when I find out which lane is open, off it goes again.

I reckon it is a matter of 'you can take the CBer off the CB band, but you can't get the CB OUT of the CBER, eh? Only way to explain why someone would risk their license for a few, lousy
"channels".

Someone explained the difference in CB and ham as Ham radio is a technical pursuit while CB is a SOCIAL phenomenon. To the truly technical person who seeks to LEARN more about radio and the art itself, it is THAT aspect that attracts him. To the CBer, he is more interested in the social aspects than the technical ones, tho he feels that CB and ham are BOTH mostly social. It has been surmised that the hams that DO cling to that so-called "freeband" thing DID come from CB while those who came directly into Amateur Radio rarely do that. Even so, it can't been said that this is entirely true, but data seems to indicate that such is the case.

For those hams that simply cannot give "old" ways and simply must "freeband" as something they simply cannot live without, it was explained by W. Riley Hollingsworth.

"You can't regulate STOOPID"!!!!! :D :D :D

CWM

All I can say is, you will not catch *ME* doing that. It doesn't make any sense! And, btw, I DO use a CB radio, but not for what we might think.

For those hams that simply cannot give "old" ways and simply must "freeband" as something they simply cannot live without, it was explained by W. Riley Hollingsworth.

"You can't regulate STOOPID"!!!!! :D :D :D

Well, I'll just leave that quote as is-- no need to get in an arguemnt over someone that chooses to run legal-- nothing wrong with it-- no need for attacks on either side--
Good to see that both sides have put in their opinion-- legal and freebanders--- and its cool to see what freqs are still used in the US by Military,Gov't and others-- the guy that asked the question got alot of info from both sides, so I guess its up to his own personal decision to do whats right for him

I am still very curious about that one freq--- 27.559
Is that listed as a military freq? if not who are the primary users?
Its very close to a really busy sideband freq, so this is why I'm curious about it
Just wondering who uses it, thats all

another few frequencies not listed as a ham bands so must be "freebands" for those that use icoms, yaesus, or kenwoods for your "freebanding" try calling CQ there.

Man with all these "freebands" I can see why radio is so much fun without a license,,,,

11.175 USB this one seems popular, alot of people on there :shock:
11.181 USB
11.271 USB
13.212 USB
15.016 USB
15.038 USB
20.390 USB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.