• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Official HAM License?

Actually no - it was not a typo.

When you have a Technician license - then all general class bands are off limits until you successfully pass your examination and get your certificate of successful completion.

As are the Extra and Advanced allocations.

Once you have your general class license, the only time you need to use temporary AE is when you are operating on the Amateur Extra Class portions of the bands.

Only after receiving a CSCE for Extra.

As long as you stay within the General Class portions of the bands - you can use your regular old call sign and not have to worry about using any type of suffix after your call sign - because you are still within your license privledges.

Now you have it correct.

Can you understand now why I posted it that way.

No, because you had it incorrect when I pointed it out. As originally written it was leading the reader to conclude that the Extra class did not require a temporary identifier at any time which is why I pointed out the correction.

Originally Posted by Channel Jumper
Actually no - it was not a typo.

When you have a Technician license - then all general class bands are off limits until you successfully pass your examination and get your certificate of successful completion.

thats not exactly correct, a TECH does have privs on 80, 40, & 15 in addition to 10 meters too .....jus sayin.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.