• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Oh Man My Head Hurts From AM

So ive been on the AM side for a few days with the cobra 29, 95% of the stations i hear i cant understand a word they are saying, im not quick witted enough to make everything rhyme, i dont pick cotton, i dont like repeating myself, i think they are warning me there are bumps in the road, if i got down to do anything i wouldnt be able to get back up, i dont have enough power to talk on 3 channels at the same time and worst of all i dont have a key up noise, echo or a roger beep. Think ill stick with SSB, its easier on my brain.
That's exactly how I feel about FM. I never understood the attraction. Oh sure --- Once you've got the squelch set, it's quiet. But I can't receive anybody except the guy in the lane next to me.
And I'm not singling-out 11M here. 2peater simplex 'draws vacuum' also.

That's exactly how I feel about FM. I never understood the attraction. Oh sure --- Once you've got the squelch set, it's quiet. But I can't receive anybody except the guy in the lane next to me.
And I'm not singling-out 11M here. 2peater simplex 'draws vacuum' also.
Don't knock FM until you try it! I have talked plenty of skip on FM.

LOL

"we promise to talk about nothing but the weather and our physical ailments!"

"we promise to act superior to CB radio operators and pretend we don't talk on the CB band!"

"we promise to always let you know how you are taking up too much bandwidth and running too much power!"

also, please give the FCC your name and address just in case we need to get ahold of you.

just havin' some fun...
LC
"We will work stations on the other side of the globe while the 11 meter guys are running 1500w to talk a block and half"

"We are superior(you did get this one right)"

"We strive to run clean stations and don't feel the need to send our radios to people called Snake or Fine Tune"

"We don't need echo or roger beep or bird calls"

"We hate blue lights on anything"

As you just having fun... :)

Oh and one last one, "we can sit in our living room and have a conversation with someone on the other side of the country with no signal fading or interference"

All said in jest..73!

Last edited:
that's good stuff!

When i first got into CB at around age 12, i thought the roger beep was a ham thing that CBers glommed on to.

I thought that up until i got my license at age 14 and tried to use one on 10 meters...
LC
You should try running a roger beep on the other bands. I may do this occasionally just to find out who takes life too seriously.

that's good stuff!

When i first got into CB at around age 12, i thought the roger beep was a ham thing that CBers glommed on to.

I thought that up until i got my license at age 14 and tried to use one on 10 meters...
LC
Worked at a NASA site years back and one of the other guys there was into CB. He heard my radio's roger beep and thought it was an imitation of NASA's quindar tone.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Ok
So lets kill the CB vers Ham vers SSB vers AM vers blah blah blah
It is all radio guys and its just falling off a cliff, as these things usually do.
Some people like different things in radio and the freedom to run your stuff your way, etc so respect the next guy when he wants to do something different.
This is one thing that staff did not want from the get go is to have a negative attitude towards one radio service over another.
Like another popular forum I will not mention.

Just play radio

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated