• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ok, So what's it going to be, Turkey or Ham?

Brother DXer

226 - west Texas (WDX226)
Aug 20, 2022
Texas
I'm just not a fan of turkey. Baked, Roasted or deep fried, no thank you. Ham is King here at my house. Honey baked, smoked, etc.. Then there's people like my brother in law, who cookes rib eye every Thanksgiving. But honestly, for me it's all about the sides. How often does a family get together for a meal with SO Many sides? Yum!!
We need to make a list of side dishes.

Edit; For starters... Green bean casserole - Cornbread dressing (stuffing) - Sweet potato casserole - cranberry sauce -
Pies, pies and pies. ALL the pies!!

Last edited:

Honey Baked Ham is king but got to have some turkey for those " other" family members.
Green beans with those fried onions is the bomb, but keep that ambrosia stuff away from me.
Pumpkin pie, real whipped cream and Pumpkin bread will have me sleepy on the couch this afternoon.........
Happy Thanksgiving to all

Jeff

It has to be Turkey, wouldn't be Thanks Giving without it. We have ham for every other holiday. The menu includes Turkey with stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, cranberry chutney as well as cranberry jelly slid straight out of the can, pumpkin pie, apple pie, cherry pie, and pecan pie. Next week will be Turkey sandwiches.

Everyone be safe, enjoy your friends and family and maybe we will catch you all on the DX this afternoon.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

turkey-radio.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.