• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Old school president Grant DX PC 999 board

I was being sarcastic. I don't bleed anyone here as i'm not really close to anyone and the ones that are near me all have digital TV. I don't have any CB neigbors to contend with either. I don't know where the limiter is in the radio. Like i said before this is a board im not familiar with but everything looks intact to me. So im good to go on this radio.

I have never seen one of these myself. just had to hunt down a schematic and locate the items on it to make the mod. not much available for this radio as far as written mods.

I have been working on radios, antennas, and amps for well over 20 years and do mods to pretty much any radio that's out there. I also hold a degree in electronics and also work on computers. I'm not familiar with this board so i came on here to ask... I did do the mod and it does work well and really woke up the old girl..

If you have that much experience surely you would realise the uniden pc999 has the same beefed up regulator/modulator and dual final sections as the ept3600 dual final boards,after all that's where ranger rci ripped it of from,the rest was ripped off of the pb010 uniden chassis.

Reactions: 1 person
I looked at the schematic and if you lift the leg of r279 the right one and put a 1n4001 in series with it should give you more swing. looks as if it would lower the dead key and swing more.put the cathode end in the open hole you pulled one leg of r279 out of. solder the diode and resister together at the top. its worth a try. not responsible for any problems you may incounter doing the mod.

I recently bought one that had been done this way and the modulated power took a long time to return to base level with it done this way. I have a way that works better on the other side of the board.
Here is a picture of it.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd...._=1430026385_8c8632085f96c2d5b3d132e53a225789

Hello - I'm digging up an old thread to ask a few questions from the posters.

First - the suggestion to lift r279. I've read the NPC mod says to lift r282 for the diode installation. Is this a better way to do it?

Second - I tried to follow the link in the last post, but it's no good. Can you share the details, please?

I had this radio about 20 years ago and someone waved a silly amount of cash in my face, and I let it go. Recently I found a nice unmolested model that I'd like to deflower :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Wally

OK D62 is what you're looking for and needs to be clipped and jumped for on/off functionality. Here is where it's located. I have 3 of these radios so I'm showing you what to look for on one of the unmodified ones. I have my talk back wired to the NB/ANL switch, but obviously you can do as you'd like.

83272722_774654586347136_6025714695380402176_n.jpg 83346030_555087171756481_6133911961018040320_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Harley3315
Hey sorry for the late response but that did the trick 999 thanks I would also like to know the better way to do the "swing" mod on this radio as the other guy said then link doesn't work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated