• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Omega Force S45HP-missing jumper?

Eddie1

Dec 26, 2011
Ohio
Hello everyone. I just received my new Omega Force S45HP and I went to convert it and there was no jumper-I thought it was supposed to come with the jumper or am I supposed to order one? The CB shop who sold it to me wanted me to pay $30 to convert it for me but it is such a simple thing to do yourself that I told them to send it to me stock-they kept insisting that they convert it there and I declined so I am not sure now if they removed the jumper or if it doesn't come with one.:confused:

Last edited:

I just verified that the jumper shunt was supposed to be in the radio so I am thinking that maybe it was intentionally pulled out because I declined to let them modify it. If so, not cool. I'm now waiting to hear from Sam Lewis to see if Magnum is going to send me a replacement part.

Last edited:
Unless the design of the S-45 has radically changed from last year, the 'jumper' used in these radios is absolutely NO DIFFERENT from the kind of jumpers used on computer motherboards. In fact, I don't know how the radio could even work WITHOUT THE JUMPER. So, either you don't know what you are looking for/at, or you don't know what you are doing. In which case perhaps you should read up on this radio a bit more first:

http://www.worldwidedx.com/export-radios/41886-magnum-omegaforce-s-45-hp-review.html

Robb-I do know what I am looking for and it is not present. And of course the radio is not working without it-that is the main problem here-the jumper is missing. I am waiting for a response from Magnum to see how they are going to rectify this situation.

binrat-I got it from GI Joe.

Reactions: 1 person
Pay by credit card????????

Reverse the credit card charges and wait for the seller to contact you. Because they ripped you off. Who was the seller lets not faulsy accuse somebody.

I tried to get in touch with GI Joe today but they are closed for the holiday. I will call them again tomorrow. Hopefully they are positively responsive to this situation-if not I will not conduct business with them in the future.

I have not tried a computer board type jumper but that is an excellent idea.

Maybe when the UPS or FedEx guy was drop-kicking your radio around in the back of his truck, maybe the jumper popped out and fell inside the radio somewhere...Did you take both covers off and shake it to see if maybe it just came out and is hiding somewhere under some wiring or something? If it's metal, maybe it's stuck to the speaker magnet...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.