• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Omega Force S45HP-missing jumper?

Blame FCC....Be willing to bet the manufacturers are doing this to get around FCC rules on these radios being too easy to re-tune for 11 meter...Thats always been one of the Ham Guys biggest complaints about the Export radios that they were too easy t convert to 11 Meter by just moving a wire or jumper...

Yep,

Just like Alinco and their famous little blue wire.

Blame FCC....Be willing to bet the manufacturers are doing this to get around FCC rules on these radios being too easy to re-tune for 11 meter...Thats always been one of the Ham Guys biggest complaints about the Export radios that they were too easy t convert to 11 Meter by just moving a wire or jumper...

So are the other exports (such as General Lee's, Connex 3300) having their band switches removed off the front? Heck you know neither of those radios are any good on 10 M b/c they don't have SSB.

You can blame the FCC for the crackdown, if it even is a crackdown....and not just the retailer hacking the radio b/c you wouldn't "pay" them an extra $30 to remove 5 screws and move the jumper for you all for 5 minutes of work you could do yourself.:laugh: I blame those who have bought a 10 M rig and not cared to learn about it and then transmit in areas they shouldn't have. 28.025 MHz comes to mind...those who don't know, it's a non voice area of 10 M. That's what the hams are really upset about....that and someone on 10 M using CB lingo and/or not using their FCC designated call sign on 10 M.

Reactions: 1 person
I finally spoke to GI Joe, they say that the conversion changed and that it is shipped like that to them. I called around to other retailers and they said the same thing. Anybody have a CB shop that they have dealt with and recommend? Because it looks like I am going to be paying to have it converted after all.

Has anyone contacted Magnum?? Maybe get the info from the manufacturer instead of online vendors??

I talked to Magnum today. They verified what GI Joe said and they also told me that due to federal gov regulations they could not instruct me over the phone as far as how to convert it myself BUT I did receive a tip on a website that should be able to help me out. Currently I am at work so I plan on working on this later on today.

Attachments

• Magnum_257HP_Freq_Conv.pdf
    28.3 KB · Views: 21
I figured the "guvment" man was involved.

I think it's Obama.

He can balance the budget buy hiring extra FCC agents to enforce all the old CB laws and fine all of us.

Just think of all the fines they can levy against us CB outlaws and pirates.

:D

I figured the "guvment" man was involved.

I think it's Obama.

He can balance the budget buy hiring extra FCC agents to enforce all the old CB laws and fine all of us.

Just think of all the fines they can levy against us CB outlaws and pirates.

:D

Maybe this is just one more way he's planning on balancing the budget? Just levy fines against whats left of the CB crowd...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.