• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

On behalf of (some) amateurs I'd like to apologise...

The first CB radio I ever had was an old mobile 23 channel Sharp that was just a small simple AM radio, with no meter and few knobs.

It broke and the tech said I probably blew it up because I had a faulty antenna. He tried to sell me an SWR meter. :D

First Cb here , TRC 9 Realistic ( Still have it ) that little radio puts out some Watts & never been touched , $29.95 . I guess the " 9 " was because it's the only channel it came with ? Starting out is was fine & finally had to upgrade to a " 23 " channel ( back then ) , it was a PIA @ night riding around w / Xtals in a box matching them up , stopping 7 changing them . :ROFLMAO: Just me & being stupid ! But as I got more involved in 11m I got more friends on different freq's . Now look @ me ? Over 50 years later I have friends on most Continents .... on 11m ! :whistle::) Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

I've dabbled in cb's my whole life. And I don't get too technical but I do enjoy all the input you have given, it just fascinates me that there is more too it than just plug n play and reading some of this stuff has actually helped me..... Not that I understood everything that was said but it has helped me figure quite a bit of stuff out on my own. So keep doing what u do.

This one had that there special SWRs setter mod dun too it. The nob on the rite got turned all the way to the left til it cliked and then all them SWRs was set purfect. Was only $60 more for that mod. Oh yeah and you had to turn the big nob in the middel so it said PA. Nevr got out to good tho so I soled it

royce1-600.jpg

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?