1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Base Original or Current Penetrator 500 Antenna Upgrade

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by Ranch55, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Ranch55

Ranch55 Active Member

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.

2. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Looks good and strong, were you able to purchase it in the correct dimensions to fit?

3. Dmans

Dmans Active Member

Ranch55,
    Looks good. Teflon insulation is why I am considering the Maco V5/8-5000.
    Are your pictures of the new Penetrator or the old Penetrator?
    Heard you on 38LSB on Wednesday. Couldn't get back to you. It was very busy July 4th.

73's
    David

4. Ranch55

Ranch55 Active Member

The posted photos are of an original 1982 Penetrator 500. I also performed this same upgrade to a brand new (this year) Penetrator 500. They were the same.

It is special order material. I located a company to order from.
    Their manufactured dimensions are not as precise as the sizes you can order.
    I had to slightly enlarge the I.D. of the radial bracket. Easy to do with an internal buffer wheel.
    I also had to machine ream the inside of the teflon tube using an adjustable reamer to get the slight clearance to slide over the vertical radial.

Shadetree Mechanic and Dmans like this.