• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Original Stryker....Shawn!

boomer111

May 7, 2005
Never did send in the first shipment Stryker, to have the channel readout fixed. Seemed to have fixed itself about 3 months ago, hasn't jumped channel since.

Having gotten into a different Peterbilt I don't have the 5 S units of RFI under acceleration that I once had. This a great!

Remember I have the Mosfet rec. mod done by Justin. Well I pretty sick and tired of the receiver on this radio. Noise comes in with any audio unless the signal is real strong, like 7 S units worth. I have been told that it would be worse without the mod.

Man do I miss my 148 GTL.

Stryker, (Shawn) you gotta get a radio that has much better filters for the receive end. Cost shouldn't be an issue. Build it with the same audio but with the rec, like the 148.

I know many people that have the Stryker and are looking to get something else due to the receiver with this radio.

I feel bad cause I told them to buy Stryker.

I too am looking for older 148 again.

From some of the threads I have seen the Mod is the problem. There are a number of people here on this forum though that will never believe that. The truth hurts, just wait and see some of the replys you will now see.

doesnt the stryker use the same basic board design as the magnums?

just something i heard somewhere...
loosecannon

Butcher318 said:
From some of the threads I have seen the Mod is the problem. There are a number of people here on this forum though that will never believe that. The truth hurts, just wait and see some of the replys you will now see.
The RX on my Stryker wasn't modded. Aligned by DTB AND Key CB. As many of you know I and apparantly others have the same problem with these radios. RX is poor at best....sorry :oops:

However; Maybe I and several others have defective radios. Shawn offered to replace mine.
It would be interesting to me to know the serial # of the affected radios.

When the Stryker first came out they made it very clear it was not the same as the Magnum radio's. Sleepwalker your right, I maybe should have said that the front end Mod made it worse.

I can honestly say I'm not sure what the mosfet receiver modification consists of and I've never seen or used one. If you'd like to send your radio in for warranty repair please email or call us for an RA number.

boomer111 said:
Noise comes in with any audio unless the signal is real strong, like 7 S units worth.

Same goes here... I relocated my antenna to the roof and eliminated the fuel pump noise. Even if the noise floor is at 0 S units. If you hit me with anything lower than 7 S units you come in with the noise floor. If this or the next model comming out can reslove this issue these would be great radios.

Ya, I want to see the receiver improved from the factory. All my buddies have the non Mofset radios and have same problem.

Shawn Thanks. I'll get in contact through your site.

Justin claims without this receiver mod it will be worse. Not sure what to believe.

Butcher318 said:
When the Stryker first came out they made it very clear it was not the same as the Magnum radio's. Sleepwalker your right, I maybe should have said that the front end Mod made it worse.

Mine looks like a modified 3600 board.

boomer111 said:
Ya, I want to see the receiver improved from the factory. All my buddies have the non Mofset radios and have same problem.

Man this radio can really talk its butt off but If they can get this little glitch fixed it would be the bomb. Shawn don't take it personal we would just like to see some improvements. All in all for a first production radio it not a bad radio just needs some improvements.

Glad I kept my 148, I have noticed alot of these things being passed around locally like a cheap date, I hope the reciever issue can be fixed on the next model, never get rid of your 148, that is definitly a CB sin!!!!! 44 in desert

44 in the desert said:
Glad I kept my 148, I have noticed alot of these things being passed around locally like a cheap date, I hope the reciever issue can be fixed on the next model, never get rid of your 148, that is definitly a CB sin!!!!! 44 in desert

The reciever issue seems to be install related.
Every one I have seen complain is trying to compare it to a legal cb like a cobra or uniden.

This radio is just a hopped up 3600 board.
Mine works great! Thank the good lord for that!

I talked to a person several times that bought a Stryker radio about a week ago and his radio sounded very clear from 6 miles away and he said I sounded loud on my stock Uniden 78 XL on my A-99 on a 20 foot TV antenna pole.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.