• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Original Stryker....Shawn!

Thats what I am thinking. Nobody seems to know the effect though. I just might have to send it off to Stryker. I wonder and have asked before, if Stryker repair shop can undo the Mosfet mod. Was trying to fix without being without radio. And one never knows how it will come back. The audio is PERFECT.

One would think that as long as this thread has run that someone could make the call.

Anywho thanks for the help!!

boomer111 said:
Thats what I am thinking. Nobody seems to know the effect though. I just might have to send it off to Stryker. I wonder and have asked before, if Stryker repair shop can undo the Mosfet mod. Was trying to fix without being without radio. And one never knows how it will come back. The audio is PERFECT.

One would think that as long as this thread has run that someone could make the call.

Anywho thanks for the help!!

I would imagine that there is nothing anyone can do to a radio,
that the manufacturer can't undo. The mods however may void
the warranty though.

Strange thing... after the mod, my recieve is much better but meter is out of wack!! The meter is very generous now. The hell with it as long as It works I'll deal with it. Any pot in the radio to adjust the needle but don't want to mess with the recieve???

Yes you can adjust needle for sensitivity. Should use a tone generator though.

In the past I have compared a radio to another and adjusted accordingly. Not perfect but closer than it was. Got constant signal from another station and compared. Gotta trust that the good radio is adjusted correctly. By the way I used the same antenna system.

Look at cb tricks for the information on which pot.

Hell here it is VR-1.

Remember that the radio won't be going back to the manufacture.
But to a CB warranty shop. I've been around long enough to know the difference, and have seen work done by warranty techs.
Some good and some bad.

This is why I am hesitant, especially with what Justin did with the Mosfet change.

I have asked Stryker for some help here and they have agreed to fix it under warranty. Pretty cool considering the radio is 14 months old.

I still have some other issues with the deal though, so I am not sure what will happen.

Don't have a tone genarator but I have a screwdriver :D :D :D :D .... As long as it doesn't mess with the recieve it self I could care less if it's off a db or 2......

yes you ca also do this without injecting a signal....back in the old days i had a 40 channel walkie talkie...so i put it outside taped and keyed and grab a service manual for the radio i was tuning and tune away..lol
once you get use to using a scope and a signal generator life is much easyer...that dam magnum delta force I sold on ebay
had 9 pots to tune so this made it easyer for me.lol

lords said:
yes you ca also do this without injecting a signal....back in the old days i had a 40 channel walkie talkie...so i put it outside taped and keyed and grab a service manual for the radio i was tuning and tune away

AHHH!!! Never thought of that, good one....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.