• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Original Stryker....Shawn!

bighammer said:
i did this mod to my stryker and it worked very well. thanks stryker for putting up that info.

How good did it work??. Great!! more money to spent on the radio.

One of my friends did both mods and it helped. I just did the cap & resister part, I had done R35 already. I will no more tomorrow.

Thanks for the help....Shawn and DTB

Yes...I am very pleased with these two mods. Seems as if ( butt tested no real comparison test done ) the rec. range is still there and all the noise coming in with the audio is gone under low signal strength. This was my dislike of the radio.

Audio is loud and clear and now I have a very well functioning receiver too.

Wonder why this can't be done at the factory?

I sure hope the next model is cause I am thinking of buying one, especially now that the rec. can be fixed.

Thanks again Shawn, DTB, whoever came up with this.

Remember this radio has the Mosfet rec. mod too.

Glad you're having good luck with the modifications. You will have just as good of results without the mosfet receiver. Obviously the mosfet still had a noise issue because boomer had the same complaint as some of those that didn't have it.

The SR-490 and new SR-440 radios will have these modifications done to them.

Yup good to hear.

I was fearful that these mods woud not be compatible with the Mosfets. They seem to be.

Fine....DTB, thanks.

By the way DTB, let me know when you have the Stryker 490 in stock.

I can use it in the big truck and I'll put the 440 in the 4 runner with the 4 pill.

I'll sell the 45mp with Justins high performance mods and the 2 pill converted again by Justin from a 1x2 C to straight 2 pill class B.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.