1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

OVER 130% MODULATION!!!

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by space cowboy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Sonar

Sonar Sr. Member

I knew from day one that you would inevitably become an Elmer. That's an awesome setup. I basically understood about 10% of what you were talking about as far as how everything works and why some things won't without some of the equipment you added. I'm glad to see you got yourself a wm1. I'm not happy to see the 1/4-in mic plug to the sonar without a microphone plugged into it. LOL. I hope you still on occasion use the sonar for at least some local Rag chilling. Be well chris. Maybe I'll call you during the summer and you'll stop by and put my antenna back up. I'm not feeling the hobby at this moment. So many other things going on in my life. I was as you know considering selling off my gear, but come to realize I probably will want to get back on the air one day. Whether it's next month or next year I don't know, but at least I'll have the equipment to do so when that feeling bits me once again. Congratulations my friend. Be well brother.

2. dave457

dave457 Sr. Member

20210605_140607.jpg

LeapFrog and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  3. 43315

43315 Member

I run some digital stuff in my truck dsrar and Dmr some of them guys on dmr have audio so loud it almost makes your ears bleed. Lots of compression. Dstsr is my favorite. Talk around the world hooked up to ten watt dummy load, going into a my hotspot

Slowmover likes this.
  4. Ed Cole

Ed Cole New Member

I'm sorry what?....all I heard was SGJNBFYJYXHTFBTGJEJKHTHGGHGHHJGHHHH!???!!
    lol......;-)

5. kaos513

kaos513 Sr. Member

Digital is the future

6. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

AM will never die, long live AM!!

tecnicoloco, Handy Andy and dave457 like this.
  7. BigLou

BigLou Active Member

If you fill a class to the top thats 100%, anything over 100% is a mess .

8. dave457

dave457 Sr. Member

I disagree

9. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

I agree with your comment.
    Broadcast AM stations have exceeded 100% modulation for years.......
    Nothing new.

Jeff

Captain Kilowatt and tecnicoloco like this.
  10. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

TWO YEARS? I have socks older than that that have never been worn.I Rarely ever wear socks but my wife still buys them sometimes for some reason? LOL I'm kind of new as well.I started back in 1965 but who's counting. {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

11. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

Yup. FCC approved AM modulation to 120% positive HOWEVER the negative peaks must NOT exceed 100%. It is the negative peaks that cause distortion when they exceed 100% and cut the carrier off. Positive peak modulation just gets louder and LOUDER. Had a Nautel AMPFET-1 AM broadcast transmitter develop problems in the modulator stage on bass notes one time. After it was fixed the test was to run 20 HERTZ at 300% positive peak modulation to see it it would fault. It didn't but man could you feel it. LOL Oscilloscope looked clean at the time too.

AudioShockwav likes this.