• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pal VCO tuning monitor

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
Before posting this , I looked this up on here ... and I saw that someone else had asked this question , along with a couple of other questions . The other questions were addressed , but not this one .

I stumbled onto an old Pal VCO tuning monitor Model #D5 .... can you transmit using these , or are they only good for listening to the other frequencies ??

Do you VFO?

are you asking if I know how to use a VFO ?

I was just wondering is if it's possible to talk on a frequency that is produced by using a Pal VCO Model #D5 with a 23 channel CB that it was made to work with .... like channels 24 - 40 ? .... or were they only meant for listening on those frequencies ?

For practical purposes, VCO and VFO are one of the same. Yes, it has both transmit and receive capability. These devices do tend to drift, and you simply can’t trust an analog scale with any VFO. Keep in mind a frequency counter will be necessary to occasionally check the radio’s transmitting frequency regardless of what the Pal dial says. At least at first, until the Pal's analog scale is calibrated, the two should always go hand in hand.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated