• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar 200x problems.

Hicountry

May 26, 2021
When amp is powered up it blows the filter capacitor.have went through 2 it's the same one each time .have had no problems up to now .i left the positive side loose on the new capacitor to see if it would power up and it did.so I soldered the capacitor .put all the tubes back in and decided to use a variac to try to power it up when I got to 25v I could tell it was about to blow another capacitor by the way the variac was laboring.i shut it down and decided to take the two wires that fed the filter capacitors loose.turned the power button on tubes did not light up nor did the off and on light.i am not good at trouble shooting one of this amps.but did spend four hours checking diodes chokes wires and so on.any help would be appreciated.thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.