• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PAPA JOHN will be missed

I think the Papa John thing is a hostile take over by certain parties that were upset because of lowered corporate earnings. He pays very well from what I have seen. There are no clunkers in the parking lots and all cars appear to be well maintained.
He had always been People before profit shows his eyes are watching the right bottom line. With out a good employee base, all you are is an address that a lot of people go through and end up looking for employment elsewhere.
So here is what I'm going to do and you may join me if you wish, I will never buy another pizza from Papa John's until he is back in charge. When he gets back I hope he takes all of the rattle snakes in the shoe box and throws them back in to a hot pizza oven.

Last edited:
A great Jon Conlee song.
Saw him in concert two years ago. Puts on a great show. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Guess most of you are wondering, "Who the heck is Jon Conlee?" (n)
I know who he is. I'm really into country music. I resisted "Going Country" all of my teen age years while things like, Cream, Iron Butterfly, Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf and so on were rocking my musical taste. For some reason Charley Pride, Jim Reeves, Johnny Paycheck caught my attention. I have a pretty good voice and when I would pull my lady Du jour in and sing to her was so much fun to see the look on their faces. I had a few ladies propose to me because of that.

I know who he is. I'm really into country music. I resisted "Going Country" all of my teen age years while things like, Cream, Iron Butterfly, Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf and so on were rocking my musical taste. For some reason Charley Pride, Jim Reeves, Johnny Paycheck caught my attention. I have a pretty good voice and when I would pull my lady Du jour in and sing to her was so much fun to see the look on their faces. I had a few ladies propose to me because of that.

:D Cool. Wish I could sing. But . . . :eek: :(

I edited my previous post and added a video. Hope you don't mind.

Regarding the subject matter of this thread, I'm with you on the boycott. (y)

Reactions: Tallman
:D Cool. Wish I could sing. But . . . :eek: :(

I edited my previous post and added a video. Hope you don't mind.

Regarding the subject matter of this thread, I'm with you on the boycott. (y)
It brought a big smile to my face as I remembered Jon Conlee. My Favorite song to sing is "Hawaiian Wedding song" by Jim Reeves. It is harder than hell to find a copy of that song on CD or other media. I have at least 20 CD's of Jim Reeves. I have done voice overs for commercials and I have turned down many chances to do other recordings.

Reactions: Riverman
The closest place to get Papa Johns that I know of is as a convenience store kiosk about 60 miles away and I don't go there any more. I had those pizzas two or three times and they were good. Not drive 120 miles out of my way good, but good.

Thus, participating in the boycott will be a snap for me! :ROFLMAO:

This follows a disturbing pattern - I have heard the method called "Upgrade"...

It deals with the Morals and Values the CEO - Original Founder - has outgrown the position and has lost touch with the reality...of opinions' of others that can take the company to new directions the original Owner doesn't want it to go...hence the poison pill - designed to deflate the value of stock by issuing more shares of a stock which has less worth to reduce the stake of any one wishing to take over a company by simply buying up shares to obtain a controlling interest. (Dilution)

Another example is George Zimmer, MENS Warehouse - "I can guarantee it" - towards the business suit attire fame - picks up Jos A Banks - the Attire business model changed rapidly and places like Tailor Shops - were failing big time. George was respected, but the "Job market" and "Guarantee" had to be retired or removed...

In John's case, his poison arrow was the deal with the NFL and his fight to bail out of it stepped on a lot of toes. There goes the sales - like Gate Bias or a MS Windows Upgrade - values drop like a rock...

The "Numbing dart" was from the ACA implementation - heck - he was not the only one - remember that even McDonalds' has to provide "financial counseling" to new recruits to understand that you have to live within a means - how well depends on you - insurance is a privilege, not a right. Now reversed...

The blame bounces around but it comes down to the fact of older ways are not the best for the current business environment.

Just look at our current Communications Equipment environment...

:+> Andy <+:

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.