• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Part 2 SR-955 AT 6666 Audio expansion worked out and now public

Andy, nowhere in that write up did it say remove parts and leave the spot blank. It was pretty simple and dry cut, remove two pieces and replace with another value. That was it.

If anything is “missing” then it was missing when it was taken out the box. I’ve opened 3 brand new 955’s right here in the shop and they are ALL missing the parts in question.

And do tell me, what plagiarism are you talking about??

Reactions: davew41
Come on Andy, cut him some slack on the 100mhz thing, that was a typo. I do believe it’s been stated that Dave made that himself, he simply made a mistake when he typed it out. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t work or parts were thrown into another galaxy and forgotten.

Why all the hate over this? This is why the guys who figure out this stuff don’t share it. There’s always someone picking it to death, constructive criticism is one thing, helpful input is too but this is crazy. TWO threads now about it and it’s still being made out to be something it’s not.

Why?

Reactions: davew41
Hmm...

By your claim...That makes two of us,

But one of us had one right in front of them...

100mhz? (LOL)

100 to 4100 do you need it spelled out you are a self proclaimed tech aren't you?
can you use a tone generator can you use a scope can you do a sweep?
would you not test a stock then a mod for yourself off of a published piece?
I see a lot of flaws.. basics that you can not even comprehend..

I also note this mod was made very EASY with pictures and values so anyone could do it..
before spewing your garbage open a 955 and look at it.........
then the mod and you would have seen from the factory 501 as you claim? it is not even there..

instead of thanking a very smart member of the community for their work you chose to make yourself look like a fool..

I Published anthers findings and work for the good of the radio community and it got all messed up by your foolish actions..
Also where is your simple screen shots of your 2510 mod
as least the published work was very simple with 2 simple pictures so anyone that can solder 0603 can do it..
I am done with the thread.
you have made it very easy for any real mods found to never be shared again ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Handy Andy
I am not here for a fight, and I'll back off ...

Just one word "they" - all it was... was just one word, they... and "they" pounced - I had posted it incorrectly and I do apologize for "they" can be misconstrued...I should have said from the makers - the issue of the filter elements missing still - SIGH - there are enough problems with these designs already.

Funny how people react...when you're the tech and they tell you to just put it in, you don't look for the minor details - documentation or not - customers aren't there waiting to have you "Steal their work done by another tech" ...

I am done with the thread.
you have made it very easy for nothing found to be shared again ..

(I'd like that...maybe - instead - I'll leave and You take over - don't forget your DECIMAL points to help others get the right frequency range - it is radio after all - SEE : PROOFREADER)

You are correct @TheRealPorkchop - unfortunately this may not be over...

My original reply was that I had posted the Lincoln 2 mods for it which share the same board. I also wasn’t the first to figure it out not only one lol
sure but the mod I posted shows the exact parts and exact values and the span in which changes made expand the audio
yours shows nothing except a drawing..
where are your part numbers value changes and after a sweep what is the span?
*crickets.,.

I am not here for a fight, and I'll back off ...

Just one word "they" - all it was... was just one word, they... and "they" pounced - I had posted it incorrectly and I do apologize for "they" can be misconstrued...I should have said from the makers - the issue of the filter elements missing still - SIGH - there are enough problems with these designs already.

Funny how people react...when you're the tech and they tell you to just put it in, you don't look for the minor details - documentation or not - customers aren't there waiting to have you "Steal their work done by another tech" ...

(I'd like that...maybe - instead - I'll leave and You take over - don't forget your DECIMAL points to help others get the right frequency range - it is radio after all - SEE : PROOFREADER)

You are correct @TheRealPorkchop - unfortunately this may not be over...
exactly lets see your board pictures with part numbers and changes? I see 2 other mods here that are not exact as the one I posted..
What was your stock span and what is the span after on your sweep?
what parts were changed?

It is funny how people react. Someone shares their ideas or findings and then get jumped and trolled, that sucks.

Dave got jumped. The originator of this mod got jumped. Dave mistakenly puts MHz on a picture he made and he’s ridiculed for it.

I don’t have a dog in the fight. It just annoys me that this happens, this is why the smart ones don’t share this stuff. I could see all these panties getting in a bunch if this was life threatening but the CB hobby? Come on, give me a break.

sure but the mod I posted shows the exact parts and exact values and the span in which changes made expand the audio
*crickets.,.
You do not like being confronted as seen in your previous behavior. If you’ve been doing hifi mods for a while then exact values are not given rather a range as each setup is different. Do we have to sweep each radio to prove to you the results? Nope. I’m not out to prove something or sell anything. Do I need to have a step by step pictorial of part location and what temperature the soldering iron needs to be ? This is for CB hobbyist and for people trying to learn. I’ve done so many different platforms of radio the same way and have shared findings. Are you the first? Nah. You’re initial post came off the same way as the person you’re trying to insult. Opening radios and changing parts blindly is the audience I perceive you to be after. If you can’t handle any criticism then don’t post in an public forum.

Last edited:
It is funny how people react. Someone shares their ideas or findings and then get jumped and trolled, that sucks.

Dave got jumped. The originator of this mod got jumped. Dave mistakenly puts MHz on a picture he made and he’s ridiculed for it.

I don’t have a dog in the fight. It just annoys me that this happens, this is why the smart ones don’t share this stuff. I could see all these panties getting in a bunch if this was life threatening but the CB hobby? Come on, give me a break.
He did the same thing to Hard Drive. I’m not a fan of either guy but come on Porkchop, you’ve been around long enough. The “smart ones” share stuff all the time. The greedy ones are the ones who get their feelings hurt and hide. If their intentions were genuine then being criticized wouldn’t matter . Rather a healthy debate over electronic theory for the benefit of all. Post sounded like a sales pitch to me and I wasn’t buying that’s all. He should’ve post his mods to his fan base on YouTube

Last edited:
IF we only had the original posts, ALL of you - would see just how this played out...

@davew41 - you are not immune to that - by the deletion you removed all evidence to defend the very pricliple you are trying to knock the rest of us down by...

Where's your proof? - You DELETED you own evidence...

So for the "Sweep claim" I didn't care, you also would have seen how favorable MY review was to you - only now your proof that WE are wrong - is gone...

*crickets.,.

Ok you bring up a good point...

You stole someone else's work we have the proof...by that website alone...
upload_2020-3-23_11-42-12.png
We never faulted you originally for that...​

http://www.areciboinstruments.com/Qixiang.aspx <<--- If anyone needs to review...
The picture on the left...

The U500 that's missing - that from the website...
You can find the PNG here...
http://www.areciboinstruments.com/Images/at6666.PNG

Now why is that important? How did you get the mod in the first place? Went to the site...

Then I realized the U500 in the AT-6666 and Stryker - is the same BASIC for the Lincoln - which is what I have seen and fixed - and NDA - they do apply when it comes to my job...

There, in the photo - missing U500 - well, I'll say to really broaden the audio - removing the plumbing - like Scotty would say " The more they add the more they can stop up the plumbing..."

Think about it...there's a mod here...you're just not seeing it...

U500 - missing parts, only thing that you don't see in that photo is the jumper the tech installed to cross over all that work - starts at U501 - try R515 (outside -away from U500) and jumper to C527 (outside away from U500) - then see ... I'm telling you one mod I've seen but not from an AT-6666 but a Lincoln II same platform - but Stryker? - same can be applied too...

It's why I even said anything...

You're evidence of your effort is only showing that you took a concept from another's work - and now you're claiming it as your own.

You DELETED your own defense...

You would have gotten away with it - if you were more careful with the typos...

Reactions: sp5it

You're evidence of your effort is only showing that you took a concept from another's work - and now you're claiming it as your own.

You DELETED your own defense...

You would have gotten away with it - if you were more careful with the typos...[/QUOTE]

I never posted it AS MY OWN I posed it my statement was also that a member of the community did this... I never stated I did it..
I gave him the idea to do it.. and HE did all of the work and figured it all out.. He then passed this information to me..

the official post and owner is here

http://www.areciboinstruments.com/Qixiang.aspx

You sir are as ignorant as they come and are for sure nothing more then a troll..
even after hijacking and bashing my thread you make a new one and continue to produce garbage.. Why did you make the new thread other then to troll and start crap?? why?

WHERE IS YOUR posted 2510 mod?
where are the board images with changes? They do not exist..
Where are the Lincoln pictures and changes as well? of course nothing but smoke and mirrors no concrete evidence or even parts lists to be changed from either of you..

posers and trolls that is all you are..

You do not like being confronted as seen in your previous behavior. If you’ve been doing hifi mods for a while then exact values are not given rather a range as each setup is different. Do we have to sweep each radio to prove to you the results? Nope. I’m not out to prove something or sell anything. Do I need to have a step by step pictorial of part location and what temperature the soldering iron needs to be ? This is for CB hobbyist and for people trying to learn. I’ve done so many different platforms of radio the same way and have shared findings. Are you the first? Nah. You’re initial post came off the same way as the person you’re trying to insult. Opening radios and changing parts blindly is the audience I perceive you to be after. If you can’t handle any criticism then don’t post in an public forum.
because you can't that is why
the method I posted was very easy to follow and results were given..
You have nothing to show for a reason.. it does not exist.. typical sherman troll is all you are..

because you can't that is why
the method I posted was very easy to follow and results were given..
You have nothing to show for a reason.. it does not exist.. typical sherman troll is all you are..
Troll? Nah I don’t think so. Bro I have a bunch of post I can prove. I don’t get paid for none of this , nor do I have anything to sell or gain customers over. I have the Lincoln 2 I did those mods on and did more just to exercise other mods . There is nothing different on these newer SMD radios. I have done mods and shown enough to get people going. I won’t do a step by step, most in here reading these post know enough or are smart enough to ask the question. I don’t need customers or cheerleaders to boost my ego. Definitely not a Sherman troll , can’t stand the guy

Attachments

• 4CFA4B61-3006-407E-BA63-1DA6E20E6E05.jpeg
    4CFA4B61-3006-407E-BA63-1DA6E20E6E05.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 9826E30B-378F-4327-AF9D-47F758783F74.jpeg
    9826E30B-378F-4327-AF9D-47F758783F74.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 26
  • EA4E0B14-F3BA-4F4C-AC7F-E6C70EF67C09.jpeg
    EA4E0B14-F3BA-4F4C-AC7F-E6C70EF67C09.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 29
  • CDAF82C8-4295-4046-8D3B-80476B24ABBF.jpeg
    CDAF82C8-4295-4046-8D3B-80476B24ABBF.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 6583AF94-6578-487D-9AAB-9A009FEED4BA.jpeg
    6583AF94-6578-487D-9AAB-9A009FEED4BA.jpeg
    664 KB · Views: 26
  • 5CD36D25-A495-42F6-A435-73225D0C360A.jpeg
    5CD36D25-A495-42F6-A435-73225D0C360A.jpeg
    662.9 KB · Views: 25
  • FAD53D11-3529-496A-8C70-94D2D3F042EF.jpeg
    FAD53D11-3529-496A-8C70-94D2D3F042EF.jpeg
    891.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 2BF94DBB-6218-462C-A362-718C6EEA2777.jpeg
    2BF94DBB-6218-462C-A362-718C6EEA2777.jpeg
    839.1 KB · Views: 25
  • E3F3F216-63F1-4380-B339-688C2A0047FB.jpeg
    E3F3F216-63F1-4380-B339-688C2A0047FB.jpeg
    662 KB · Views: 25
  • F5A312B4-32ED-48CC-877E-01FBA0A2A196.jpeg
    F5A312B4-32ED-48CC-877E-01FBA0A2A196.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Nothing new out there just need to know how to apply. My buddy bought a Stryker SR89 because of the small size. He wanted better audio and to also lower the deadkey. No schematics online but looking at the physical layout of the board , shares the transformer modulation cobra 29 circuit. “JP36” mod applies here. Result , lower deadkey, 1:4 carrier to modulation cleaned up the audio and mods to the mic preamp also helped the tone of the audio.

Attachments

• 9B6E1106-873F-473F-ADDA-F65B22CD3B33.jpeg
    9B6E1106-873F-473F-ADDA-F65B22CD3B33.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 8C1EE07C-EA94-4656-ACCA-9DFCDF7F68BA.jpeg
    8C1EE07C-EA94-4656-ACCA-9DFCDF7F68BA.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 20
  • 362F8857-FFDE-4416-BA35-1C4C8AFD9F0B.jpeg
    362F8857-FFDE-4416-BA35-1C4C8AFD9F0B.jpeg
    552.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 06ADA3A4-4722-4C40-BBFE-DF93D70772AD.jpeg
    06ADA3A4-4722-4C40-BBFE-DF93D70772AD.jpeg
    740 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated