• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

passed my tech last sat

scottjep

KJ6DMF
Sep 6, 2009
Carmichael Ca
So i passed my tech last sat... I picked up a vx8r a month ago and can't wait to use it.. its programed and ready....

The wait is killing me..lol damn holidays....although i am curious what is the average time it takes for uls to be updated?

Your callsign should have been posted on the FCC database by the following Monday. Didn't the VE's (the guys who ran the testing procedure) tell you that? I'm pretty sure that is a standard procedure. Where is your paperwork? You should have been given a number to use as a reference to use online so that you can obtain your callsign. I would call up tomorrow and start asking them some questions.

I'm not a VE; but I remember well what happened when I was licensed just a year ago...

they said to just keep checking back.. i figured due to the holliday there was a delay it will be a week towmarrow. i just reread the paper and it stated it could take up to 15 business days and there is no refrence # it says to search by licensee on the uls page....o-well i'll keep waiting,,,,,ughhhhh.. thats ok i'm currently studying for general. i took it for the fun of it with out studying and missed a passing score by 4 damn..lol

Hey Scott...congrats on the new license! Do you have any plans on what you want to set up your new radio to do once you get it? What are your next steps?

thanks....your review of the vx8r is what sold me on it...i picked it up new for $260 from a guy who decided he liked his older kenwood beter because of size.. he keyed the 8r one time... yes i know i got a great deal.. as far as what i want to do welll.. i am pushing for my general asap because i have a brand new 40ft tower waiting for an antenna....(y)

I have a few people around me that are anxious to help get me moving along.. I got the tower from one of them.. I have plenty of repeaters around me so i'm good to go on 2 meter. I own a computer company and am mobile all day so 2 meter will keep my company.. I am really interested in getting into hf i used to do a lot of ssb back in the cb days so am very excited....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.