• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Passed tech exam today

just off hand here

can some one throw up a link to the site I have to look on to find my callsign once it arrives? Please!

Good!
But don't quit now, get at least that General.
- 'Doc

Congratulations...your journey into the weird world of amateur radio has just begun.

Doc is dead on!!!!

Bite the bullet and go to Hamtestonline.com and do the general section...it is not that hard...and while your at it you may as well bust the extra tests as well.

Hamtestonline.com is THE way to go...been there...done that!!!!

You won't be disappointed.

Good luck.

SpongeBob

The wait is killing me... seriously I could be dead before my callsign makes it to the database....:LOL:

its been 24 hours and it feels like a week.

well, I'm not gonna blow smoke up yr southside,..... no, I didn't have to walk thru the snow, 5 miles, uphill both ways to go to school,...... but,...... I did have to wait almost 90 days before the FCC posted my call in the federal register.

congrats on the test score(y)

Reactions: 1 person
well, I'm not gonna blow smoke up yr southside,..... no, I didn't have to walk thru the snow, 5 miles, uphill both ways to go to school,...... but,...... I did have to wait almost 90 days before the FCC posted my call in the federal register.

lets hope that doesn't happen to me, as i passed on Sunday December 11th (y)

90 days! god, I would lose my mind. hopefully it will only be a week or two.

Reactions: 1 person
day 5, I really will lose it...... its like waiting for Christmas to come. Oh yea I'm waiting for that too. :headbang

I waited 14 WEEKS for my first call...get over it...
This generation of newbie's expect everything to happen at the speed of light:D
Unless their in-line next...then they want even faster...
If I'm in-line next...it's their "break time":pop:
All the Best(y) Merry Christmas
BJ

day 5, I really will lose it...... its like waiting for Christmas to come. Oh yea I'm waiting for that too. :headbang

Most of the time the delay is the examiners are slow sending in the paperwork, or they have a God Complex?

Give them a call or email. Act like that little bug in my posts

BJ

LOL its all good, I just lament the normal bureaucracy and its, how shall I say penchant for sloth and inefficiency. Especially since I am a person who takes great pride in my own work ethic and efficiency. but trying to rush anything bureaucratic is basicly beating a dead horse because it isn't going to ride. :bdh:

Most of the time the delay is the examiners are slow sending in the paperwork,

Gee, I dunno how it is where you tested, but,... when I proctor an exam, the paperwork is ALWAYS sent in the first day the post office is open after the session.

that way I have a DATED reciept and no one can complain about ME!!!!:D

BJ

Wasn't that back in the western days, grandpa ? ? LoL :p

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.