• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Passed tech exam today

RustDemon

Aug 21, 2011
It's exciting for me! I pretty much aced the test only missed 2 questions out of the 35 on it. so just need to chill for a week or two until my name hits the data base then I get to play HAM.

Reactions: 3 people

Congrats! (y) As others have said, go after the General now. It isn't that much more difficult to obtain than the Tech was. ;)

I intend to keep going onward and upward both in licensing and antenna, so the double meaning was intended. (y)

I actually tried the general test too but I hadn't studied for it so I didn't come close to passing, about 50% without reading anything about the general license requirements.

The next general exam is in February, hopefully I will be ready by then. Passing tech was fairly simple. I just used the QRZ practice tests and read everything ham I could get my hands on. The test showed me my weaknesses and I boned up on them. Winding up with 94.28%, I don't remember, back in school does that count as an ACE?

thanks for all the congrats guys, I know it wasn't that complicated but I like succeeding. :laugh:

The wait is killing me... seriously I could be dead before my callsign makes it to the database....:LOL:

its been 24 hours and it feels like a week.

The wait is killing me... seriously I could be dead before my callsign makes it to the database....:LOL:

its been 24 hours and it feels like a week.

To pass the time till that happens you could always get on the cb and taunt all those losers with that fact of your superiority.

Reactions: 2 people
LMA:LOL:!!! @ MACK!! And congrats RustDemon now get your feet wet then get that General so you can open the door to the world of HF ;)

When you get your call let me know and pick a frequency or Illl pick one and Ill play on 10 meters with you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?