• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PayPal makes me want to pull my hair out!

G GOLLY WAlly

WDX 719 / Waldo on AM
Mar 4, 2018
Sourh Eastern Oklahoma
Let me start by saying I'm some dumb not plum dump. While trying to pay one of our members for the awesome, and very much appreciated work he performed on my radio, I ran into this aggravating problem. When I would try and use my card to send him the payment, PayPal would tell me my card isn't accepted, BUT! when I check my account the preferred method of payment shows the very card they won't accept!
So I call customer service and all I get is the automated voice spewing useless suggestions ( by this time I'm cussing like a drunken sailor) so then I scream into the phone LET ME TALK TO A HUMAN, YOU #*&@ piece of #"%@!!!! It rings on the other end and I'm thinking now we're getting somewhere, nope I get another automated voice telling me they can't resolve my issue over the phone and refers me to the help section on their website that didn't help me out THE FIRST TIME!!! THAT'S WHY I WAS CALLING!!!
(I know this is long) So anywho I give my daughter my card information and she adds it to her PayPal account, AND THEY ACCEPT THE VERY CARD THEY SAY THEY WON'T ACCEPT!! BUT OBVIOUSLY THEY ACCEPTED IT BECAUSE IT'S MY PREFERRED PAYMENT ACCORDING TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT!!! Needless to say we finally got the payment to him. Sometimes I think technology is a big PITA!!!:mad:

Ok I feel better now. :whistle:

I don't like PayPal. I had a friend, that sold an old cb on fleabay, The other guy filed a claim, and sent back a package with wood boards in it. The scammer got his money back and kept the cb. My friend just let it go, he said it wasn't worth the fuss.

I don't like PayPal. I had a friend, that sold an old cb on fleabay, The other guy filed a claim, and sent back a package with wood boards in it. The scammer got his money back and kept the cb. My friend just let it go, he said it wasn't worth the fuss.
If someone did that to me, they would end up with a mail box full of magazine subscriptions...

Yeah I could see where that could be a problem, but I got no concern about Loosecannon, he's been straight forward about everything since the first time we talked on the phone. What does concern me is everyone handling my radio between my location and his, I'll feel better once it's in my possession. It arrived at Sallisaw Oklahoma this morning, so I'm hoping it shows up this after noon, at least I know it in my local area. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.