• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Peak, Tune, Channel Expansion for Stryker 955

Brian G

Dec 21, 2020
Anyone tell me if there are any good modifications to do on this radio? Mostly interested in expanding channels to pick up 11 meter as well.
Plus any other peak/tune to do?

You already tried to google it, and nothing pop out?
I did, but I'm always leery about about those posts. I would rather ask in here where there seems to be more knowledge. I think I am going to mostly leave it alone other than the channel expansion which appears to be just removing one part. Don't think there is reason to touch it otherwise.

Reactions: r carl
I would do NPC-RC mod, put electret capsule instead dynamic on it and that's all.
Mike
Mike, first time I've heard an electret mic suggested for that radio so you've peaked my curiosity. I guess that makes sense being most qixiang built radios come stock with electret aside from the Strykers. Is there an electret you prefer or suggest?

This is what I use when I rebuild a mic.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1713

1713-00.jpg

Yeah my stock Stryker 955 has been working fantastic since I bought it about a year ago. I'm a sidebander most of the time and let me tell you it's been dead nuts on frequency from the factory.

I use an Astatic 575 microphone.
Rock solid. I use mine on 10 meter also. Funny getting good audio reports from ham guys. LoL I have found the ranger sra 198 gives a clear loud audio.
I use a antenna switch one mirror has a antenna for 10 meter and other has one tuned for 10 meter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated