• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Perfect example.

Quite possibly the most confused CB antenna builder I've seem. Looks like many of those mobile beams would have to have more gain off the sides then the front. Lets make the boom radiate on 11 meters and throw a 2 meter reflector behind it? At first glance I assumed the antenna actually worked and that it may be some new dual band contraption. Looking for a few more seconds revealed the design is based on nothing but imagination and good metal shop skills.

there's a guy who runs one of the stargun model antenna's in my town. his radio always sounds top notch. however, his antenna is just a basic coil design, not one of the mobile beams.

Ive heard at some of the breaks he goes to there are a bunch of bins of crap and you basicly just start sitcking part together to build an antenna.

Ive heard at some of the breaks he goes to there are a bunch of bins of crap and you basicly just start sitcking part together to build an antenna.

You are correct, here is proof.

Jeff

Attachments

• 177.JPG
    177.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 176.JPG
    176.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 15
  • ATLANTA99.jpg
    ATLANTA99.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 15
  • ATLANTA01.JPG
    ATLANTA01.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 15
there's a guy who runs one of the stargun model antenna's in my town. his radio always sounds top notch. however, his antenna is just a basic coil design, not one of the mobile beams.

i suppose this is possible.....i've sounded top notch in my town, too, from 1 end of main street to the other end no less, after 1 of the kids yanked the connector off of the end of the coax. of course, my town is about 2000 FEET from 1 end of main st to the other......

while i can't say much for 'the stargun' or my 'predator', i can say the davemade is topnotch, since it still cranks out full power even after doing 30 over 9 across town with the coax laying on the floor ;-)

i gotta give the guy kudos for knowing how to machine, market BS, and actually put together enough resonant stuff to get some radyation and a low swr. did you notice the reflector is insulated from the rest of boom? almost makes me think it's got something going on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.