• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Petition FCC to Increase Legal Limit of CB Power

It wouldn't sink in. They would still give awards to the ones that built shitty antennas. I heard that some local schools no longer give less than 50% grades. The worst you can do is a 50. The schools only care about the numbers and making sure the superintendent can afford that new boat.

YUP....it's called inclusion or no child left behind. Pure BS. It has ruined many kids up here as well since it teaches you can be a total slacker and a failure and still get a trophy and be a winner.

YUP....it's called inclusion or no child left behind. Pure BS. It has ruined many kids up here as well since it teaches you can be a total slacker and a failure and still get a trophy and be a winner.
There is a lot of pressure on the schools to close the achievement gap. So naturally people think "they are going to bring the low kids up". Unfortunately it is much easier to bring the top kids down. My wife is a school teacher, I could stand on this soap box all day.

It also keeps the failure of public school system from showing the actual numbers of deficit knowledge learned or earned. Remember when we had 21 year olds still in high school? The kid had to repeat grades until passed. Then it really showed a failed school system, but now if you remove or "move" the numbers around with creative math, not that common core stuff, it brings the competency rate up. But unfortunately, the kids loose.

There is a lot of pressure on the schools to close the achievement gap. So naturally people think "they are going to bring the low kids up". Unfortunately it is much easier to bring the top kids down. My wife is a school teacher, I could stand on this soap box all day.
Must be hard being a good teacher these days and having such a de-grading curve.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
They have DUMBED the schools down so much in Kentucky that a diploma is just a participation certificate. Now any job worthwhile requires at least two years of college.

I don't know how this applies to the FCC but...

I guess in a way, the child then CHOOSES to be left behind - not the other way around.

To put it succinctly. The Child needs to be taught responsibility - not just how to do chores or things other people asked them to do. They need to think for themselves and that starts at home - with teaching responsibility, discipline and accountability - all really fall onto the parents and their responsibility to raise the child.

Somehow the system failed the parents, and the parents can't keep up.

I don't know how this applies to the FCC but...

I guess in a way, the child then CHOOSES to be left behind - not the other way around.

To put it succinctly. The Child needs to be taught responsibility - not just how to do chores or things other people asked them to do. They need to think for themselves and that starts at home - with teaching responsibility, discipline and accountability - all really fall onto the parents and their responsibility to raise the child.

Somehow the system failed the parents, and the parents can't keep up.
I would actually say that the parents have failed the system due to lack of parenting and teaching the values. It is not the schools duty to raise the child and teach moral values. The children need to be disciplined and raised to respect authority and other peoples rights.
Responsibility for their actions or lack of it still rest on their upbringing.

When both parents are required to hold down several jobs to make ends meet, parenting can no longer be a priority. With today’s economy, couples shouldn’t even consider having kids unless they are financially capable of sustaining at least one full time disciplinarian at home. Gone are the days of the common family farm. Gone are the days when the average man made enough money, so the wife could watch over the kids. Those family freedoms were lost years ago. Anybody win the Mega Millions yet?

imgres

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.