• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Picked up a new toy today.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
Been looking for something to have a little fun with in the non-restricted category up here. My restricted permit has been approved but not yet received and more will be added later. Yesterday I picked up a model 8401 Ruger Precision Rimfire bolt action chambered in 22LR and a Vortex Crossfire 2 red dot sight. Never used a red dot sight before. Man is it awesome. Yesterday was too damn cold to sight it in so I reluctantly waited until today. I got it roughed in at almost 50 yards which was the best I could do in my back yard. It repeatedly put rounds thru a golfball sized hole at that range. Yeah I know no big deal but longer shots will come in the following weeks after I join the local range. I have heard nothing but good reports about this rifle and decided to see if they were honest. I was surprised at the weight of it but looking at the HEAVY barrel I can see why. Now to get that range application sent in and start plinking away at some much longer shots.

Ruger Precision Rimfire 22LR.jpg

Been looking for something to have a little fun with in the non-restricted category up here. My restricted permit has been approved but not yet received and more will be added later. Yesterday I picked up a model 8401 Ruger Precision Rimfire bolt action chambered in 22LR and a Vortex Crossfire 2 red dot sight. Never used a red dot sight before. Man is it awesome. Yesterday was too damn cold to sight it in so I reluctantly waited until today. I got it roughed in at almost 50 yards which was the best I could do in my back yard. It repeatedly put rounds thru a golfball sized hole at that range. Yeah I know no big deal but longer shots will come in the following weeks after I join the local range. I have heard nothing but good reports about this rifle and decided to see if they were honest. I was surprised at the weight of it but looking at the HEAVY barrel I can see why. Now to get that range application sent in and start plinking away at some much longer shots.

View attachment 34363
Nice...can I ask what a restricted permit is?

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Nice...can I ask what a restricted permit is?

Allows the purchase of certain types of rifles such as AR-15 etc as well as handguns. Nonrestricted are basically shotguns and rifles aka long-guns. Different training courses and safety requirements for the two classes of firearms.

Capt , Congrats on your permit & ..... That Sweet Ruger ! I have a special place in my heart for Ruger's , quite a few in my collection , but not that one ! :LOL: WOW ! Iv'e got a scope on my 10/22 that's almost as long as the gun ! Np's sighting that in . But that Laser ! Took me quite a while to get that sighted in on that short piped Carbine . But now it's the best of both worlds .:)

Btw , Thanks for posting that pic ! I can't stop looking @ it ! :ROFLMAO: Pretty sure I saw one Reduced Price @ a Gun Shop nearby . They are closed today & probably tomorrow , but I think me & my dog are going on a road trip Tuesday !

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Just put another 30 rounds thru it. I'm bored already. No fun when you hit the target dead on every time. LOL 30-40 yards is nothing I admit but it's all I can do at the moment in the backyard. If the snow was off and my knee in better shape I could do 80-100 yards down over the riverbank behind the house. Can't wait to get it on the 200 yard range.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated