• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pill factory

I have a bunch of matching lot 2879's I stocked up on from my mobile days years ago. What's the best way to sell these that would protect both myself and the buyer? Last I checked there are numerous china toshibas on ebay.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Easiest way would be to find an amplifier builder who won't treat you wrong.

Selling them two or four at a time, "retail" could, or probably would involve headaches from incompetent buyers. Folks who will blow them up and want their money back. A builder will know their value, and use that to boost the price of a box built with your transistors. And he'll probably buy all of them together.

Naturally, selling them as a batch probably won't get you quite as high a price as selling one or three pair at a time.

But selling them all to a competent buyer is less likely to get you headaches.

C-class as I see? Bummer.
Class C bipolar transistor amp is like having a 600HP V8 that only makes max power in reverse! LOL What a waste!

I apologize for being a bit bitter. The craftsmanship is top notch even if I hate this type of design and build. I should not have been a jerk about the build quality and attention to detail. Clearly that was wrong on my part! Sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: Naysayer
You know shit is a$$ backwards when you purchase NOS amps from the late 1970's because the entire amp is cheaper than the purchase price of the transistors in said amp!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated