• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

please help antenna issues...

sitting duck 616

Nov 2, 2013
des moines, ia
Ok i m getting ready for my setup but the most importent thing is not working stupid truck i hate it arghhhh...

So i was sitting and asking my self whats the problem everywhere i try either the antenna is to tall or something is in the way so i said well i drive a flat bed 99 % of the time i m not fully loaded so sticking the antenna behind the cab in between the trailer should work..someone help me or else i give up..

1508560_816374405091834_5778175541450256918_n.jpg

Now what if i was to make a cat walk out of steinless steel 1/2 thick and then boot a pole about a foot in the middle of the cat walk and then another plate on top of the pole to create a ground plane and then mount the antenna would that be something i could get to work

That looks like a Predator freedom one CB antenna, the one that works better because everyone knows that if you put a stainless steel whip inside of a 1 1/4" tube it makes more audio.
I apologize for the post, but that antenna has , lets just say a history here on this forum.
The guy who makes them told us all that it produced something like a 10 or 15 DB increase in signal strength and that it makes your audio 20% louder.
We are still waiting for the government test result ( been years now) that was going to show us how it accomplishes this feat.
( shhh don't tell Kale or BullDog that it is just a 1/4 wave whip)

Anyway.
The readings on the MFJ actually look OK for a 1/4 wave whip mounted behind the tractor like that.
The only way to make it work better is get it up and in the clear as much as you can.
This is the reason many choose to use a shorter shaft and mount a loaded antenna up high.
Have you tried talking on it like that?
Not going to work real well if you have freight stacked up on the front of the flat.

Jeff

I use a 45" mast
Freedom dx is 36" all i was using the mast for is swing ..it does calm the whip ...well my issue is i will be running a 4 pill pushing 16 pil amp
And i was thinking to come up with a way of running my antenna back there.if i knew that i could install the 30 k predator on a pole to get it up would work thats all i would need

unless your doors are fiberglass id mount a predator 10k sw [short whip] to a mirior
with a long enough shaft to get coils above cab. the 30k I THINK has a solid
rod not a whip, could get bent or even broken not good. what you have now
looks good seems tuned well .i wouldnt want more than a 4 pill though .but
thats just me

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.