• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PLease help hurricane victims...

Randy CDX492

Apr 6, 2005
Webb City Missouri
OK i know with the gas prices and things going up. We all can't help. But I would like to ask all the members here to help out if they can.. All I am asking is send $5.00 to the red cross.

www.redcross.org/

We all know if we were in there shoes in louisiana and mississippi, we would be hoping people would help out..

We have 413 members in the club and if you times that by $5.00 that is $2065.00

And we have 829 members of the forum and if you times that by $5.00 that is $4145.00

So lets help out....

Thank you....

Mine is out already...

Actually...not the red cross...
send it to the STATE of MISS or LA...
WHY????
Cause the FREE blood that the Red Cross Gets...THEY SELL!!!
In my opinion??? THats not helping thats STEELING!!!
I hate thieves....

AM POWER

i'm just curious as to where all the international help is? the U.S. is always out there helping with disaster around the world i don't seem to see the world recipicating the same especially or supposed nieghbors. they don't have to send monitary relief but could help with the clean up and rebuilding. it's time to end this one way street that we have with the world, or is that part of the new world order is to bleed us dry then impose it's will (the U.N.) on us .

the international help has already been offered my 6 countrys so far ...this is going to take time. This is the worse travisty I've ever seen in my life next to the su-na-mi and 9/11 ....like Southern Califorinia's ....an earth quake could really tear us apart ....these are the chances we take .....N.O was below sea level .....and most knew who had lived there for any given time also new this was the chance they were taking as well ...life is surely a risk from time to time and my heart goes out to those people .....as the old saying goes .....It's not nice to fool with mother nature. Times have been getting harder and harder for us Americans ....this is just another instints that we will rebuild and we will move on .....we are surely the best country on earth and we are very proud as well ......We go and help other countrys when the $hit hits there fans but when it comes to our own travisties we tend to take care of our own (Proud) ......I've been watching this stuff on TV now for 3 days ....IM in a slight shock myself (as I was with 9/11) ....this has and will take it's toll on all of us Americans one way or the other ....we will prevail ! If this $hit don't humble people in other places ? I don't know what will. God Bless Us All

Hurricane relief efforts info

While the Red Cross has plenty of donors, the Salvation Army also has disaster services enroute to the Gulf Coast too. They have kitchens and canteen and shelter assets and unlike the Red Cross, they help many people on a daily basis with food, clothing, and shelter. Something the Red Corss does not do.

You can donate online to salvationarmyusa.org

If you want to volunteer your services, local offices of all disaster agencies may be taking names. FEMA also has volunteer signups. Watch the TV for ammouncemtns on where to call.

If yor're thinking of jumping into your car with radios, STOP!
Freelance volunteers cannot be housed or fed. If you want to help with radio communications, you are more helpful staying away until asked to help. Otherwise you will just get in the way. YOU MUST ALSO BE PHYSICALLY FIT. Conditions there are extreme. NO air conditioning, no running water. Exposure to seage, chemicals, dead bodies, armed thugs.

ARRL is collecting manes for volunteer amateur radio operatorsARRL

I gave the Salvation Army $300 and signed up for radio help outside of the affected areas. And if they can't use my help otherwise, I'll be helping the local .SA sort and load material.

Please excuse Typos. I can't see well today.

Randy CDX492 said:
OK i know with the gas prices and things going up. We all can't help. But I would like to ask all the members here to help out if they can.. All I am asking is send $5.00 to the red cross.

www.redcross.org/

We all know if we were in there shoes in louisiana and mississippi, we would be hoping people would help out..

We have 413 members in the club and if you times that by $5.00 that is $2065.00

And we have 829 members of the forum and if you times that by $5.00 that is $4145.00

So lets help out....

Thank you....

Mine is out already...

Sent my donation.....I wish i was close enough to do some real help..I would be filling my burban and dropping water and food,if anybody is within driving range,What would help out i think even more at this time than a money donation,So if your close to them get them water and food "FAST"...Dan

Well I do know that power crews from up here as well as Ontario and Quebec are enroute to help rebuild the power grid.Emergency rescue crews have left Vancouver British Columbia as of last night/early this morning.I can understand peoples feelings that help is not on the way but good God people clue in.It takes DAYS to get accross the country.You don't just jump on a plane and fly in with a pack over your shoulder.Three days is actually a short response time even for within your own borders.You also don't start moving into the area before the storm is over in anticipation of being needed as that just puts the relief teams in jeopardy as well.Also another thing to remember is that,as I saw on a U.S. news program last night,the U.S.A. does in fact have the infrastructure in place to mobilize a massive relief effort within it's own borders.India and Indonesia for example during the tsunami do not have the basic infrastructure in place at the best of times let alone during a disaster of the scale that hit.That does not mean that I think you guys should handle your own problems as well as that of others but rather that you are at least CAPABLE of handling it much better than most other nations.When something like this hits I am sure the people in the affected areas could give a rats ass who helps them just as long as help arrives.One of the big things I keep hearing is how the plea is going out for money and aid while the administration is spending hundreds of billions of dollars in the Middle East.This viewpoint is merely an observation of public opinion and not that of myself.Personally I think humanitarian aid should be delivered whenever and whereever it is needed.

AMPOWER said:
Actually...not the red cross...
send it to the STATE of MISS or LA...
WHY????
Cause the FREE blood that the Red Cross Gets...THEY SELL!!!
In my opinion??? THats not helping thats STEELING!!!
I hate thieves....

AM POWER

WTF are you talking about?
where do you think they money goes?
I'm not even gonna go there.....

13_foolproof_large.gif

i posted ealier as to where the international community was in our time of need, i guess i got on my soap box to soon. when there are countries like honduras offering to help i guess iv'e been humbled once more by how kind some can be.

Thanks Dan, ever little will help out...

I have to agree with you on wanting to help more. I sit here and watch more and more on tv and I want to help so bad, But with the gas prices and stufff right now it is hard...

My wife and I were talking and why can't some of the truckers get in there and load up people and take them to safer places..

Like using a refrigerated trailer or something....
Just a thought and nothing againest the truckers on here....

Randy,I think the issue of safety and liability comes into play on that one.You know the kind I mean,"since you caused me trauma due to having been transported like livestock while saving my life and that of my family I'm going to sue your ass off." :roll: If it was not part of a sanctioned event the possibility of being sued is too great to take the risk no matter how bad one wanted to help.Sad but true.I heard of a case a few years ago where someone had a heart attack and sued the guy that saved his life for pain and suffering when he broke a rib while performing CPR.I would hope the Good Samaritan law would prevail nowadays.I hear where the feds have rounded up 500 busses to transport the people from the Superdome to the Astrodome.

I have my own personal reasons for NOT contributing to the Red Cross, but there other organazations and groups that need assistance as well.

Salvation Army
Church Groups
Police organazations
School Groups

and I would expect many, many others

Randy CDX492 said:
Thanks Dan, ever little will help out...

I have to agree with you on wanting to help more. I sit here and watch more and more on tv and I want to help so bad, But with the gas prices and stufff right now it is hard...

My wife and I were talking and why can't some of the truckers get in there and load up people and take them to safer places..

Like using a refrigerated trailer or something....
Just a thought and nothing againest the truckers on here....
Randy,
At well over $3 a gallon for diesel and climbing,(might be $4 when I finish this), Us truckers are fighting as hard as those poor folks in the "Big Easy" to keep our heads above water and our roofs over our head! How about a $700 fill up America!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW gas is $4 a gallon here in NY and climbing!

JD :beer

at our school we are having dontaions were gonna give to the red cross. And at the football team we are going to have Broken Bow try and double what we raised. Then everything is going down sometime this week. Should be a good amount of money if you ask me. So tomorrow im gonna put my donation in. Later CDX197

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.