• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PLease help hurricane victims...

Our school raised over a 1,000 dollars last night before the football game started. There was still people packed out to the street wanting to get in. Should be sending the money out shortly from the way it looks everyone down there needs it.

f

If you want the majority of your money donation to actually go to the victims of any disaster - I SURE AS HELL WOULDN'T DONATE THROUGH THE RED CROSS! they are a bunch of fricking thieves. Just do a google search and see for yourself sheeple. :LOL:

Hugs and Kisses :LOL: , LoneWolf TN

like Peddler, I too have a problem with the Red Cross that I won't go into, my vote goes to the Salvation Army...church groups are good too but it may be hard for someone on the other side of the country to identify a legit church group.

the salvation army is not perfect but they are 100 times better than the red cross.

I understand some have had problems with the redcross and others.The thing I was trying to do with this post was to get people if they could to help these people out down there is all.If it was donating to the red cross,salvation army or anyother organization that was helping them...

f

YES, by all means help if you are able. I really don't think the Red Cross is the most trustworthy organization to donate with considering their shady thefty past. I was being a wee bit smart arssy, and this subject probably wasn't the right place for it. Helping fellow citizens that have gone through hell and back due to Mother Nature's FURY is definitely a noble thing...

LoneWolf TN

You guys are right about the Red Cross. If you ever look into what kinda pay and benefits their employees and get and see how many employees they have on the payroll it will scare ya. I would say they have one paid person for every 3 volunteers.

Just sent a donation to the Red Cross. :? I hope the folks down there finally get all the help they need! People gotta have a little patience because that is gonna go down as one of the biggest rescue/rebuilding operations this country, or maybe the world, has ever seen! Glad to see they are starting to get a handle on things down there.

JD :beer

PS....
you're not helping anyone sending your money to the red cross since .80 - .90 out of every dollar donated never makes it to the intended victims. send your money to the salvation army instead.

one of many references.
http://tbrnews.org/Archives/a1803.htm#003

TBR treats the New York Times like an unimpeachable source? I guess you guys forgot about Jayson Blair!
www.journalism.org/resources/briefing/archive/blair.asp

Hurricane

I just got back from two weeks in La and Miss working going in to the backwoods with food and water and baby food to give to people that have no transportation ,believe me they all need our help I've got the pics to prove it!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.