• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Plug n play channel kit

Do you think a plug-and-play channel kit for $39.95 for Galaxy's will sell?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
It pours on easy. Don't have to cut any wires. Don't have to change any crystals. Don't have to do any soldering. I win. I get all the mac and cheese.

I am studying the schematics on the DX 979. You can't do a plug-and-play module with it as it stands. The channel selector board has a diode array that keeps you from getting all the channels. If you just clip 1 wire instead of getting 26 channels, you get three. So I am trying to figure out how the diode array functions so that I can defeat it.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
No, I am a design engineer. I want these things to go out to the average Joe. The guy that does not want to cut up his board in His Radio to get extra channels, but does not want to pay an arm and a leg. Something that a caveman can install. Now, if the cb shops want to buy the kits and do the channels real quick, that would be a good thing also.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Following with interest of course.
innovation is a good thing.

Two people have created mods for these radios.
One doesn't sell it and the other does.

What gives me some pause is when you say you had problems with a diode array.
This diode array should be a non-issue if you are using a microcontroller since you can account for it in software.

Unless I misunderstand and this is just a switch mod made easy?

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.