• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Poor People Have Poor Ways

(Truck driving does give time to allow thoughts their normal unwinding. No pausing for commercials).

Shit tools are an insult (wake up, please).

Radio may be the closest thing that many of us actually do for ourselves. It isn’t for our jobs. It doesn't provide income. It’s not a state requirement. Etc. Is it wholly selfish?

You can say to your neighbor, “Here, we have a phone patch to your son halfway around the planet. He’s not lost”.

What you could do right now. Tonight. Is in a form more than 99% of Americans CANNOT do on their own in helping unite or re-unite others. 5-miles across a raging river in flood, or 5,000-miles to a place civilization barely exists. That’s Radio.

(Step outside the box. Have a look around).

— Is the fear of throwing out TV the fear of being “alone”?

— Is the loss of electricity really the fear of losing TV?

— How many years at a time have you lived without a TV available to you?

Why?

Are there any studies which support TV-watching as beneficial?

Are children happier and better-educated with TV in the house?

Every detrimental social change in this country the past 60-years was pre-viewed, reviewed, and approved by TV.

Do you actually make more money than your fathers?

Do you have more children than your mothers?

Do you own more land than your grandparents?

Do you work less than half the year for the same wage (purchasing power) as when you became an adult?

Do your adult children have no debt at all, enabling them to start married life afresh?

Who’s home had the greater amp draw? Yours, today, or your parents/grandparents in 1960?

Who had the better life? Less work & more leisure time?

Who knew his neighbors? You, or Grandad?

Did Grandad allow strangers to run his hands over every part of his wife’s or daughter’s bodies?

(Hmm, this is getting tough).

Did you ever wear a mask when you left the house the past couple of months?

Next go-round with TV-scare is that you’ll not be admitted somewhere you must go while wearing anything more than a jock strap. (Invent your own scenario. Dignity isn’t an abstract. No man may violate it except you acquiesce).

TV exists to control you.

Tells you (because you acquiesce) what is normal.

You believe it.

If that’s what you want, put on a dress. Go all the way. Get those victim-points and charitable grants. At least make a living by playing the dupe instead of just being one. Live rent free and get on Ellen.

The OP (rightfully) made complaint about shoddy tools. Not designed for man. No kidding. Man isn’t master.

— Here boy, here’s a computer interface. It’s not a tool except in appearance. We knocked off something to make some sales. It’s sorta useful.

It’s not even close to what a society that values individual worth would come up with given the First Amendment.

As that entails self-trained men in every community across our great land who can facilitate conversation with ANY OTHER town or city. Remote ranch. Fishing vessel. Crippled airplane. Truck bringing pharmaceuticals.

That’s you. You need decent tools. Not insult.

Common interest is common defense.

Oh, that’s right. I forgot. With CV19 the call went out for individual and community preparation. Your church organized a radio field day, right? The local American Legion — resting after its labors in tearing down the statue of Robert Lee — supplanted the furloughed police department as taxes can’t be collected. The local college professors labored under other association leaders with the ministers to state what services YOUR community found necessary for volunteer actions, . . whew, that was some pair of months!

All airline & rail travel ended instantly
All foreigners, illegals and their children deported.
All government employees furloughed without pay.
All taxes suspended at state & national level
Criminals hanged on the spot.

Infectious deadly disease isn’t a spectator sport. It isn’t a few dead unfortunates. It is civilization-ending

There will not be enough to go around.

The lifeline to the outside will be Radio.

But your little hobby of Radio won’t be around — at all — if you believed CV19. Means you believe looters are protestors. That women are oppressed. That the story of America is 1619.

Prepare.

Or, watch TV. Shrug your shoulders. Again.

**** Only domestic terrorists have need of independent means of communications.****

How many more times will you try to prove you can be trusted?

As (literally) no proof can be required, futility is designed-in. Where did you get this belief? And what constantly reinforces it?

****“A radio is evidence of criminal intent”.****

Electricity was a tool for your use. Now, it isn’t. It’s your gaoler. Every car or city street with a spy device. Every appliance, reporting on you. To someone far, far away who has never had your best interests in mind. Your community’s early death may be to his groups advantage. Who watches the watchers?

(Step outside of the box. Look around. Count devices. Calculate the changes to a life without electricity except HVAC, kitchen and some lighting. Is the penalty of their removal that you will die earlier?).

I’m not known as, Mr Diplomatic. Persuading you is more about presenting evidence. Questions are the short-hand version as you should seek evidence for yourself.

It’s there. But not on TV.

What is: Civil Asset Forfeiture? (Is the topic new, to you? That American police steal more from Americans than do ALL the thieves who break into homes & cars? Must be a TV-watcher).

Q: Why, then, would you think Amateur will last much longer?

(Hell, Radio is just some crazy truck drivers who use it legitimately, if obscenely. No one would miss it.)

A: Besides, who cares about them or a few hobbyists when, “the safety”, of many, many millions is at stake?

(“Ya, we’re bringing back Kiefer in 24. “The Abominable Dr Phibes & His Radio Lab!” All the children will know, Stranger Danger is an Antenna!)

Terrorists. Ha! Do they “terrify” you?

Do your best to buy real tools.
Keep Radio the tool of Men

“Whom shall I send, and whom will go for us?”

(Truck driving does give time to allow thoughts their normal unwinding. No pausing for commercials).

Shit tools are an insult (wake up, please).

Radio may be the closest thing that many of us actually do for ourselves. It isn’t for our jobs. It doesn't provide income. It’s not a state requirement. Etc. Is it wholly selfish?

You can say to your neighbor, “Here, we have a phone patch to your son halfway around the planet. He’s not lost”.

What you could do right now. Tonight. Is in a form more than 99% of Americans CANNOT do on their own in helping unite or re-unite others. 5-miles across a raging river in flood, or 5,000-miles to a place civilization barely exists. That’s Radio.

(Step outside the box. Have a look around).

— Is the fear of throwing out TV the fear of being “alone”?

— Is the loss of electricity really the fear of losing TV?

— How many years at a time have you lived without a TV available to you?

Why?

Are there any studies which support TV-watching as beneficial?

Are children happier and better-educated with TV in the house?

Every detrimental social change in this country the past 60-years was pre-viewed, reviewed, and approved by TV.

Do you actually make more money than your fathers?

Do you have more children than your mothers?

Do you own more land than your grandparents?

Do you work less than half the year for the same wage (purchasing power) as when you became an adult?

Do your adult children have no debt at all, enabling them to start married life afresh?

Who’s home had the greater amp draw? Yours, today, or your parents/grandparents in 1960?

Who had the better life? Less work & more leisure time?

Who knew his neighbors? You, or Grandad?

Did Grandad allow strangers to run his hands over every part of his wife’s or daughter’s bodies?

(Hmm, this is getting tough).

Did you ever wear a mask when you left the house the past couple of months?

Next go-round with TV-scare is that you’ll not be admitted somewhere you must go while wearing anything more than a jock strap. (Invent your own scenario. Dignity isn’t an abstract. No man may violate it except you acquiesce).

TV exists to control you.

Tells you (because you acquiesce) what is normal.

You believe it.

If that’s what you want, put on a dress. Go all the way. Get those victim-points and charitable grants. At least make a living by playing the dupe instead of just being one. Live rent free and get on Ellen.

The OP (rightfully) made complaint about shoddy tools. Not designed for man. No kidding. Man isn’t master.

— Here boy, here’s a computer interface. It’s not a tool except in appearance. We knocked off something to make some sales. It’s sorta useful.

It’s not even close to what a society that values individual worth would come up with given the First Amendment.

As that entails self-trained men in every community across our great land who can facilitate conversation with ANY OTHER town or city. Remote ranch. Fishing vessel. Crippled airplane. Truck bringing pharmaceuticals.

That’s you. You need decent tools. Not insult.

Common interest is common defense.

Oh, that’s right. I forgot. With CV19 the call went out for individual and community preparation. Your church organized a radio field day, right? The local American Legion — resting after its labors in tearing down the statue of Robert Lee — supplanted the furloughed police department as taxes can’t be collected. The local college professors labored under other association leaders with the ministers to state what services YOUR community found necessary for volunteer actions, . . whew, that was some pair of months!

All airline & rail travel ended instantly
All foreigners, illegals and their children deported.
All government employees furloughed without pay.
All taxes suspended at state & national level
Criminals hanged on the spot.

Infectious deadly disease isn’t a spectator sport. It isn’t a few dead unfortunates. It is civilization-ending

There will not be enough to go around.

The lifeline to the outside will be Radio.

But your little hobby of Radio won’t be around — at all — if you believed CV19. Means you believe looters are protestors. That women are oppressed. That the story of America is 1619.

Prepare.

Or, watch TV. Shrug your shoulders. Again.

**** Only domestic terrorists have need of independent means of communications.****

How many more times will you try to prove you can be trusted?

As (literally) no proof can be required, futility is designed-in. Where did you get this belief? And what constantly reinforces it?

****“A radio is evidence of criminal intent”.****

Electricity was a tool for your use. Now, it isn’t. It’s your gaoler. Every car or city street with a spy device. Every appliance, reporting on you. To someone far, far away who has never had your best interests in mind. Your community’s early death may be to his groups advantage. Who watches the watchers?

(Step outside of the box. Look around. Count devices. Calculate the changes to a life without electricity except HVAC, kitchen and some lighting. Is the penalty of their removal that you will die earlier?).

I’m not known as, Mr Diplomatic. Persuading you is more about presenting evidence. Questions are the short-hand version as you should seek evidence for yourself.

It’s there. But not on TV.

What is: Civil Asset Forfeiture? (Is the topic new, to you? That American police steal more from Americans than do ALL the thieves who break into homes & cars? Must be a TV-watcher).

Q: Why, then, would you think Amateur will last much longer?

(Hell, Radio is just some crazy truck drivers who use it legitimately, if obscenely. No one would miss it.)

A: Besides, who cares about them or a few hobbyists when, “the safety”, of many, many millions is at stake?

(“Ya, we’re bringing back Kiefer in 24. “The Abominable Dr Phibes & His Radio Lab!” All the children will know, Stranger Danger is an Antenna!)

Terrorists. Ha! Do they “terrify” you?

Do your best to buy real tools.
Keep Radio the tool of Men

“Whom shall I send, and whom will go for us?”

AD96961D-F44D-4E6B-9171-015D28EC9423.jpeg

Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover
I don’t know nothing about anything in this thread except you had me at “side of a mountain”. Now that sounds like how I want to live.

Ok I lied, I had SDR dongle issues myself.
is a dongle related to a dingle berry?

No. It’s nothing to do with a dingle, though for awhile until I got it to work, I did want to dangle it. Over a cliff. With fire below.

Reactions: Rwb
Yeah I wanted to. But after figuring it all out I will say this, buy one. Those little things are pretty cool, nice to see adjacent channels and see that someone is there.

Buy that for cheap or just break down and buy an Icom 756 Pro III (I mention because of my like for it, there are other options).

Reactions: oldtymer and Rwb
Yeah I wanted to. But after figuring it all out I will say this, buy one. Those little things are pretty cool, nice to see adjacent channels and see that someone is there.

Buy that for cheap or just break down and buy an Icom 756 Pro III (I mention because of my like for it, there are other options).
cheep,i like cheep n works fine terms

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?