• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Poor People Have Poor Ways

When it comes to tools when you buy cheap you buy twice
sometimed. I bought a 1/2"x 24" breaker bar at harbor freight.ive been very hard on it breaking bolts loose on tractors n its took it well

Reactions: HomerBB
sometimed. I bought a 1/2"x 24" breaker bar at harbor freight.ive been very hard on it breaking bolts loose on tractors n its took it well

I too have some Harbor Freight boat deals of the day and I’m happy with them. Of course I like my Crapsmen and Snapped On crap too.

7DB9BC26-74DA-4424-B0AB-E1D577ADCA50.jpeg

Reactions: NZ8N and Rwb
All you got to do is lick them. The way things are today, nobody will touch them. That also works when in the grocery store to make people scatter, just lick the buggy handle and start sneezing.

People take off like you’ve shot them out a slingshot.

All you got to do is lick them. The way things are today, nobody will touch them. That also works when in the grocery store to make people scatter, just lick the buggy handle and start sneezing.

People take off like you’ve shot them out a slingshot.
yes but on the farm machine breaks in field n you fix it in field drop tools dirt n grass eat em up

The MFJ-259B is showing 1.0:1 SWR R=38 X=0
Never shows R=50. Needs something fixed in it.

As of Sunday I am in a similar boat with my 259b. I believe it happened when I was trying to build a 6 meter matching device for my doublet. I think static zapped the detector diodes when i connected it directly to the ladder line.

It was working fine, then all of a sudden the readings just seemed weird. It shows a 1.1 swr at R=75 and X=0. I connected it to a dummy load and got 1.2 swr, r=80 and x=0.

I will open it up and try to fix. I will keep you posted if I have any luck.

As of Sunday I am in a similar boat with my 259b. I believe it happened when I was trying to build a 6 meter matching device for my doublet. I think static zapped the detector diodes when i connected it directly to the ladder line.

It was working fine, then all of a sudden the readings just seemed weird. It shows a 1.1 swr at R=75 and X=0. I connected it to a dummy load and got 1.2 swr, r=80 and x=0.

I will open it up and try to fix. I will keep you posted if I have any luck.
DOODOO HAPPENS ask me i can fully explane how i learned that bit

Ok. It wasn't that bad. Diodes D1 thru D4 appear to be the culprits. I don't have any smt tools but will take donations. They all tested .275 ish volts on my el cheapo muti meter and didn't show any leakage when I reversed the leads. I went to the trouble of taking the damn thing apart and decided to go all in.

I had some 1N6263 diodes in the bin so why not....
20200615_161734.jpg
20200615_164341.jpg
20200615_170154.jpg
20200615_170133.jpg
20200615_170118.jpg

A bit off on 2m, but 2m sucks anyway. :)

Well, ain't that cool.
Thanks!

Did you know your SMT board seems to have grown a couple of diode shaped warts?

I wonder if mine will grow them...

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?