• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Poor unfortunate Freddie Gray!

of course they don't, why would anyone do that?
http://www.theatlantic.com/national...ffer-under-stop-and-frisk-on-steroids/371869/

after all, cops protect us and our stuff...

There are exception to every situation and carefully selection video to make a point can be done for anything by anybody HOWEVER I stand by what I said.
Innocent people with nothing to hide do NOT break into a run upon making eye contact with police. Try it and see what happens. Walk down the street and keep looking at a cop. Make sure he sees you you looking at him and then take off running and see what his reaction is. IMO it is EXACTLY what he should do. Chase you down and find out what you are running from. Is there a warrant out for you he may not know about? Did you just rape and murder someone and nobody knows it yet and you are paranoid about it? What happens AFTER that when the cop catches up to you is a mutual affair where HE may do something illegal HOWEVER it is YOU that instigated it and brought on the whole issue yourself.

In a lot of places in the PI, people run when the cops come. And not because they're guilty. Just sayin'...

The Philippines and most other third world countries are completely different. People here like to think the police are corrupt but they have NO idea whatsoever just how corrupt foreign police and government officials in general can be in foreign countries.What is an indictable offense here with a lengthy prison term is routine methods of operation in some countries. Since Freddie Gray was not in one of those countries and the discussion was about him making reference to police outside the USA is irrelevant.

There are exception to every situation and carefully selection video to make a point can be done for anything by anybody HOWEVER I stand by what I said.
Innocent people with nothing to hide do NOT break into a run upon making eye contact with police. Try it and see what happens. Walk down the street and keep looking at a cop. Make sure he sees you you looking at him and then take off running and see what his reaction is. IMO it is EXACTLY what he should do. Chase you down and find out what you are running from. Is there a warrant out for you he may not know about? Did you just rape and murder someone and nobody knows it yet and you are paranoid about it? What happens AFTER that when the cop catches up to you is a mutual affair where HE may do something illegal HOWEVER it is YOU that instigated it and brought on the whole issue yourself.

careful selection of video?
Police seized more than $24 million in assets from Michiganders in 2013, under asset forfeiture laws. In many cases the citizens were never charged with a crime but lost their property anyway.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ritage-foundation-institute-justice/23737663/
do you really think 24 million dollars requires a careful selection? and that's just in my state.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2014/09/06/stop-and-seize/

and here we had to make it a law that the cops couldn't take your stuff without your being guilty.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/10/new-mexico-civil-asset-forfeiture_n_7042534.html
really? we need a law that says cops can't break the law?

as for the other , did you even read the article?
On 62 occasions, they arrested him for trespassing at his place of employment, a pattern of abuse that confounded his employer, the store's owner.
explain to me how even looking guilty is any excuse for that?

Senior citizens were stopped and questioned near their retirement home, including a 99-year-old man deemed to be "suspicious.” Officers even wrote a report identifying a five-year-old child as a "suspicious person.”
but isn't that the creed of bigots everywhere? they brought it on themselves. maybe we can go back to raping women because they're asking for it with those tight clothes.

Like I said anyone CAN find video to support their ideas. What happened before some videos were started is unknown. There are countless videos out there that show police being thugs or violating someone's "rights" but what we do not see is the shit that happened that started it all. Again NOT saying that is the case in the video you posted HOWEVER unless you have something to hide MOST NORMAL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS do not look and run from cops. I am against police abusing their authority as much as any one however I also know that most cops are decent. Most black people are decent .Some cops are bad. Some whate people are bad. Some black people are bad. Some people just want to make others look bad for their own gain. The one thing I am glad of however is that we do not have nearly the issue that you guys do with your police agencies.We are not perfect by any means however at least our cops have more respect for the citizens and the citizens have more respect for the police that I see happening south of the border. At least that is the way it appears anyway. Bottom line however is if you run you WILL be chased and it will NOT end well for you. That goes for up here as well.

In other words.....If you ain't guilty of some charges, why run from the police?
A friend of mine's kid was pulled over for speeding and he had just bought a dime bag of pot. The Officer did not arrest him, beat him up, impound his car since he wasn't DUI. He was given a notice to appear and obviously the marijuana was confiscated so dealing with the police in a respectful way has it's advantages. BTW the kid is black so law enforcement isn't after black people just to be racist....they are just doing their jobs.
I am positive the charges will be dropped because of his honesty with the officer, demeanor, and LACK of a criminal record..
Just because our President thinks LEOS are out to incarcerate the black community doesn't make it true......he has been wrong before.

Last edited:
Reactions: binrat
the fact that Freddie gray had a record means nothing. its obvious to me that mostly everyone home answered his post has never had and experience with a police officer besides maybe calling 1 when there great grandmother went into cardiac arrest. Freddy gray died for one reason and one reason only. Freddy gray died because Freddy gray was black. Period end of story!
here is his record:

March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/freddiegray.asp#YaQ35z0uLLxevcfF.99

The Philippines and most other third world countries are completely different. People here like to think the police are corrupt but they have NO idea whatsoever just how corrupt foreign police and government officials in general can be in foreign countries.What is an indictable offense here with a lengthy prison term is routine methods of operation in some countries. Since Freddie Gray was not in one of those countries and the discussion was about him making reference to police outside the USA is irrelevant.

I do understand Cap and I'm not making a comparison at all. I've worked with LEO's and LEA's and have a lot of friends in our local agencies. If anything at all, we tend to look the other way when "minor" violations of the rights of habitual offenders happen.

the fact that Freddie gray had a record means nothing.

So you are saying that finding the truth of who someone is is irrelevant? Sounds like you are trying to throw out inconvenient facts that don't support the narrative you are trying to push irregardless of everything else, including the truth. The fact that Freddy Grey had a record was likely unknown to the police officer, but it does frame who he really was to everyone after the fact. Its very likely he ran away because of it, but I guess we will never know for sure.

its obvious to me that mostly everyone home answered his post has never had and experience with a police officer besides maybe calling 1 when there great grandmother went into cardiac arrest. Freddy gray died for one reason and one reason only. Freddy gray died because Freddy gray was black. Period end of story!

To say that race is the only possible motive of everyone here who disagrees with you shows just how committed to a narrative you really are. You are labeling people you know nothing about, and if they don't automagically take your side they are obviously racist to you, irregardless of why, and the truth. The reality is this tells everyone more about you than the people you are attempting to label...

The truth, that has been lost. You take a stance before the real truth ever has a chance to come out, and when the truth does come out you throw out anything that doesn't agree with your pre-determined position that had no chance at being based on fact to begin with. You have a narrative that you have bought into and are actively pushing to make it the only narrative. It appears to me that, consciously or otherwise, you are both a victim and actively participating in mass brainwashing.

This mass brainwashing isn't a black or white thing, it is a human thing. Look at the more extreme people of the Democrat and Republican parties, I'm talking about the true believers here. The more extreme positions on both sides of the abortion debate is another perfect example. We, as humans like to be included, so we tend to congregate with other people who share our beliefs, which strengthens those beliefs even more. We are also less likely to hang out with those who we know have differing beliefs. We essentially create our own echo chambers. Further, once we found groups of such people, we are influenced by those groups, and we tend to fall in line with other beliefs of the group as a whole, which has the side effect of strengthening the original beliefs as well. Note, the word "fact" and "truth" has yet to enter this ecosystem, and that is because they are irrelevant to us, as humans, feeling included. Because of this when actual facts and opposing viewpoints do come out we tend to discredit them in favor of our own beliefs.

Personally, in this case like all others, I will wait for all of the facts to come out and make my decision based on those facts, irregardless of what you think of me simply for not follow you in lock step...

The DB

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Walk down the street and keep looking at a cop. Make sure he sees you you looking at him and then take off running and see what his reaction is. IMO it is EXACTLY what he should do. Chase you down and find out what you are running from. Is there a warrant out for you he may not know about? Did you just rape and murder someone and nobody knows it yet and you are paranoid about it? What happens AFTER that when the cop catches up to you is a mutual affair where HE may do something illegal HOWEVER it is YOU that instigated it and brought on the whole issue yourself.

Really?

Yes. REALLY. Since the post you quoted was in regards to an exchange between myself and spacecowboy I hope you read it all and understand the difference between cause and effect. Who in their right minds would make eye contact with and then run from cops? Rates right up there with kicking a sleeping Doberman Pinscher and then running when he wakes up and sees you and then blaming the dog for biting your ass.

Reactions: psycho and The DB
the fact that Freddie gray had a record means nothing. its obvious to me that mostly everyone home answered his post has never had and experience with a police officer besides maybe calling 1 when there great grandmother went into cardiac arrest. Freddy gray died for one reason and one reason only. Freddy gray died because Freddy gray was black. Period end of story!

You listen to MSNBC way too much. He died because he was a known felon resisting arrest and I don't give a damn if he was black, brown, or white.....one less drug dealer off the street is a good thing.
As many times as he has been arrested, all the LEOs should recognize him on sight.
He was also out on bail for dealing cocaine at the time.
Al Sharpton and the other left wing talking heads on MSNBC keep saying drug arrests are non violent crimes.
1) Where are these addicts or casual users getting the money to pay for these expensive narcotics?
2) What about the female users who are pregnant and most likely will have an addicted innocent child?
Without Freddie Grays lurking around this problem would be way smaller.

Last edited:
So you are saying that finding the truth of who someone is is irrelevant? Sounds like you are trying to throw out inconvenient facts that don't support the narrative you are trying to push irregardless of everything else, including the truth.

The fact that Freddy Grey had a record was likely unknown to the police officer, but it does frame who he really was to everyone after the fact. Its very likely he ran away because of it, but I guess we will never know for sure.

We will never know but one in the "know" might say he ran because he knew a degrading pat down, a couple of slaps and the proverbial verbal assault or in the most likely case all of the above. Not to mention the 12 to 24 hour central booking lock up only to be released a day latter without charge. Not a nice way to spend a wonderful spring day. so why run you ask?
If you've never been there you'll just never understood.

To say that race is the only possible motive of everyone here who disagrees with you shows just how committed to a narrative you really are. You are labeling people you know nothing about, and if they don't automagically take your side they are obviously racist to you, irregardless of why, and the truth. The reality is this tells everyone more about you than the people you are attempting to label...

The truth, that has been lost. You take a stance before the real truth ever has a chance to come out, and when the truth does come out you throw out anything that doesn't agree with your pre-determined position that had no chance at being based on fact to begin with. You have a narrative that you have bought into and are actively pushing to make it the only narrative. It appears to me that, consciously or otherwise, you are both a victim and actively participating in mass brainwashing.

This mass brainwashing isn't a black or white thing, it is a human thing. Look at the more extreme people of the Democrat and Republican parties, I'm talking about the true believers here. The more extreme positions on both sides of the abortion debate is another perfect example. We, as humans like to be included, so we tend to congregate with other people who share our beliefs, which strengthens those beliefs even more. We are also less likely to hang out with those who we know have differing beliefs. We essentially create our own echo chambers. Further, once we found groups of such people, we are influenced by those groups, and we tend to fall in line with other beliefs of the group as a whole, which has the side effect of strengthening the original beliefs as well. Note, the word "fact" and "truth" has yet to enter this ecosystem, and that is because they are irrelevant to us, as humans, feeling included. Because of this when actual facts and opposing viewpoints do come out we tend to discredit them in favor of our own beliefs.

Personally, in this case like all others, I will wait for all of the facts to come out and make my decision based on those facts, irregardless of what you think of me simply for not follow you in lock step...

The DB

[QUOtellasstillarat, post: 520213, member: 42401"][/QUOTE]
Innocent people with nothing to hide do not simply make eye contact with police and break out into a run to get away from them. That is all I am saying on the matter.

For now.
This is why people who may have no reason to run do so. A degrading pat down, a few slaps, the perverbial verbal abuse and a possible 12 to 24 hour lock up in central booking, only to be released in the morning, without charge!

And last but not least the possibility of exactly what happened.

Not a nice way to spend a wonderful spring day.

it's difficult for most to understand. I'm not most. I know exactly why he ran. I listed those reasons above.

if you've convinced yourself police officers only stop people because thay have a reason too. Your not living in a world based on reality but a suburban story book situation of how you police officers operate.

I'm not saying all officers operate this way because I know that's not true.

There's always gonna be someone in all areas of law enforcement agencies that from day one have no intentions of following policy.

Then there's those who start out believing there gonna serve and protect but eventually come to an unfounded conclusion that doing it by the book just ain't good enough.

It's so difficult to make people who've never dealt with police harassment to understand the mind set of people who run.

[QE="psycho, post: 520212, member: 1825"]You listen to MSNBC way too much. He died because he was a known felon resisting arrest and I don't give a damn if he was black, brown, or white.....one less drug dealer off the street is a good thing.
As many times as he has been arrested, all the LEOs should recognize him on sight.
He was also out on bail for dealing cocaine at the time.
Al Sharpton and the other left wing talking heads on MSNBC keep saying drug arrests are non violent crimes.
1) Where are these addicts or casual users getting the money to pay for these expensive narcotics?
2) What about the female users who are pregnant and most likely will have an addicted innocent child?
Without Freddie Grays lurking around this problem would be way smaller.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be surprised if psyco's a law enforcement agent or has family or friends who are. This is the mind set that perviates people who are paid to not only protect and serve but set a president by following the law to the letter.

This post is an excellent example of the mindset of many law enforcement agents.

I will no longer post anything elese concerning this subject.

I'd like to get back to radio stuff and leave these postings for the corect venue / site.

I hope the people who run this site see its gonna get out of control.

[QUOtellasstillarat, post: 520213, member: 42401"]

It's so difficult to make people who've never dealt with police harassment to understand the mind set of people who run.[/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO! I have seen it all buddy and from both sides of the badge. Spent 10 years as an aux officer in the RCMP. IN EACH AND EVERY case of someone running when they saw law enforcement looking at them they were either in possession of a controlled or illegal substance, had want's and warrants issued for them, or had recently committed an offense. A few took of in their vehicle simply because they had a suspended license and didn't want to get caught. That never worked out the way they had planned. LOL

Common sense says that if you run you will be chased therefore running is in fact inviting a chase to occur and if you get caught things are not going to end well for you starting with being taken down by force. The police HAVE NO IDEA why you were running and will take no chances. It may piss some off to the point they resort to excessive force which while I do not condone I can understand happening. Cops are people and as such have a limit where emotions and adrenaline take over just like every other human being on the planet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.