• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Post Office or Paypal

Which Form of Payment

• PayPal

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Post Office M/O

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Other M/O

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Personal Check

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How good Paypal is depends on if you are buying or selling. If you are buying, it's a breeze. A few clicks and it's on it's way to you.

Selling however is quite a different story. Perhaps things are different for the power sellers, but experience has shown that for a a small seller Paypal can drag it's feet paying you, and their fees eat up a good chunk of the profit.

Given a choice I will use a money order.

How good Paypal is depends on if you are buying or selling. If you are buying, it's a breeze. A few clicks and it's on it's way to you.

Selling however is quite a different story. Perhaps things are different for the power sellers, but experience has shown that for a a small seller Paypal can drag it's feet paying you, and their fees eat up a good chunk of the profit.

Given a choice I will use a money order.

When u first start out selling on Ebay, Paypal will hold your funds only when your selling high risk items. Once you complete a few positive sells they will not delay further payments. Sellers might not like this, but I do... It helps keep 'em honest.

PayPal fees are less than 2.9%. I myself, think it's reasonable. If a person is so damn greedy and has to have every last penny, then adjust your selling price to account for this FEE.

Accepting PayPal only increases your chances of selling your items and gets cash in your pocket instantly. If I meet a seller face to face and examine the item, I will give you cash, but if your a faceless seller on the net and won't accept common electronic payments, then you ain't getting my money.

My experience has shown that he who refuses PayPal is a grumpy, tight assed curmudgeon and is usually hawking overpriced junk.

Yup, couple guys here try that and get pissed when you call them on it.

Doesn't mean they are dishonest. A thief is a thief whether you use PayPal, cash, check or money order. If I'm buying a $15 low pass filter or $60 Cb then I'll do PayPal "payment owed" or "other payment" all day long at the sellers request. A $300.00 hf rig probably not. Anything over $300 I'm probably buying new from a dealer and using a credit card.

Actually, the two times I was ripped off on eBay PayPay was the only recourse and that was only because the shippers was a powersellers and had money in their PayPal account to issue the refund. If they don't you get nothing anyway...

PayPal is not the same company they were when I singed up at the beginning. They do great job now, very fair and safe. I trust the US Mail less than I do PP. PayPal never lost a payme

Hi my name is Bill
images

do you take western union wire transfer, please my friend?

PayPal is the #1 for dingle berry's trying to scam people.
however paypal is not always there to protect you.
M.O suck, have to drive to post office wait in line like a COW *Moo*, fill it out stand back in line (waste of time!)
images

poll is closed. :(
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Maybe I'm lucky but in many, MANY years of buying by phone or over the net, I have never had a single problem with PayPal, reloadable credit/debit cards or the Post Office or UPS. FedEx has been fine, too.
All told, I probably don't have more than a week go by I don't have something on the way in or way out from an online transaction. Includes a lot of business in Asia.

I do NOT, however, buy or sell anything anymore from the world's worst chance for a rip-off and the poorest overall performer - EBay. Costs too much to try to sell and too much risk buying. EBay used to be fine but that's all changed MHO.

I also load up PayPal with a reloadable card. Costs a buck or two but worth it to me to protect my bank accounts and card accounts. Couple Gs in the bank, few dollars on the card? No question. Never had an issue but friends of mine who have had problems with buys made with PayPal tell me PayPal made it right for them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated