• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pouring the perfect glass of ...

I like wine is as long as its dry burgundy. i prefer my moonshine clear (no fruit). The quality of moonshine here in tenn is very good but the price goes with it,i gave 17 bucks for a quart last week.

I like wine is as long as its dry burgundy. i prefer my moonshine clear (no fruit). The quality of moonshine here in tenn is very good but the price goes with it,i gave 17 bucks for a quart last week.

Do you deliver? While you are drinking quality, I am stuck here in michigan drinking this. It does go good mixed with ice though.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 172
All light beers are garbage.
I also don't really like lagers, they're devoid of flavor.
If I do have one though, I usually go for Red Stripe or Warsteiner.

I was VERY happily surprised when I first tried Red Stripe. I guess I expected something like Jerk Budweiser, but when I want something good that I don't have to analyze for whether the hops are Hallertauer or not, Red Stripe is generally my choice.

We have a couple nice brewpubs just a few miles from home, Silver City and Hale's Ales, both in Silverdale WA. During the summer and fall, Silver City has Shepherd's Pie on the dinner menu.

Tell you what....!!!!!:D!!!!!

What kind of fruit is normally used?

It's all about personal tastes. What you call garbage is fine to others and what you call great is garbage to others. Personally I hate wine.I've had wine that was a few bucks a bottle and I've had wine a few hundred bucks a bottle and it all tasted the same. Garbage. Calling "all light beers" garbage is simply your opinion and while you may be entitled to it does not make you right as far as other's are concerned.

One of these days, I am going to squander an obscene amount of money on doing something involved with wine.

I'll go into a fine restaurant and order a bottle of Chateau du Roi Mort '86 (that's 1886) -- or whatever other overpriced grape juice they have -- and wait for them to bring it to the table with the fanfare and fawning praise due such a noble "vihn-TAZH". Then, depending on my mood, one of these will happen:

1. I'll take the sample glass with the teensy bit poured in by the sommelier. I'll sniff it, swirl it, frown as I study it, then I'll taste it and say, "Ah, yes! Excellent! Now may I have some 7-Up to mix with it?" ...or...

2. I'll grab the bottle from the sommelier, take a long pull on it and comment, "Dayum!! That's perty good stuff!" ...or...

3. I'll take one taste and send it back, saying they brought me the 1887, which everyone knows was terrible!

They'll ban me for life, but ...:whistle:

One of these days, I am going to squander an obscene amount of money on doing something involved with wine.

I'll go into a fine restaurant and order a bottle of Chateau du Roi Mort '86 (that's 1886) -- or whatever other overpriced grape juice they have -- and wait for them to bring it to the table with the fanfare and fawning praise due such a noble "vihn-TAZH". Then, depending on my mood, one of these will happen:

1. I'll take the sample glass with the teensy bit poured in by the sommelier. I'll sniff it, swirl it, frown as I study it, then I'll taste it and say, "Ah, yes! Excellent! Now may I have some 7-Up to mix with it?" ...or...

2. I'll grab the bottle from the sommelier, take a long pull on it and comment, "Dayum!! That's perty good stuff!" ...or...

3. I'll take one taste and send it back, saying they brought me the 1887, which everyone knows was terrible!

They'll ban me for life, but ...:whistle:

Oh PLEASE let me know when. I'll fly out just so I can be part of that. :LOL::w00t:

What kind of fruit is normally used?
For moonshine? Grapes, strawberries, peaches etc. We have a recipe here the girls all love at horse camp, called apple pie. It has apple cider, apple juice, cinnamon sticks etc, it's too sweet for me, but they like it.

If I drink beer, it's Budweiser in a bottle, but I prefer a shot of bourbon :w00t:

For moonshine? Grapes, strawberries, peaches etc. We have a recipe here the girls all love at horse camp, called apple pie. It has apple cider, apple juice, cinnamon sticks etc, it's too sweet for me, but they like it.

If I drink beer, it's Budweiser in a bottle, but I prefer a shot of bourbon :w00t:

The only thing that should ever go into a snifter of moonshine is some muddled mint and square ice cubes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.