• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Power reducer

What radio and what amp?
I've never heard of anything like this before, and I really can't see it as being a good idea.

I would reduce power at the radio if at all possible before using something like that. What radio are you working with?

The Zetagi toy looks like it will reduce the receiver signal level the same amount. If your noise level is high enough, you won't care.

Doesn't appear to contain any way to take itself out of the coax line while receiving.

I was thinking of getting one of these and connecting an out of the box cobra 29 and a kl203. It may be passive on receive. Don't know for sure because I haven't seen any reviews.

So instead of spending $25 more on that device - invest $25 in a radio that has variable output!

Galaxy 929 comes with variable power and talkback. Lots of other options out there aside from a Cobra 29.

I just have my doubts how good that thing will work inline - however if it works perfectly and you sound great on the air make sure to post up afterwards and let us know.

I was thinking of getting one of these and connecting an out of the box cobra 29 and a kl203. It may be passive on receive. Don't know for sure because I haven't seen any reviews.
I would just add variable power to the 29 and call it a day. It's a fairly easy mod with tons of documentation out there.

Reactions: 144inBama
I would just add variable power to the 29 and call it a day. It's a fairly easy mod with tons of documentation out there.

I would suggest this as well but I have the feeling he wants to avoid having to take off the covers or do any soldering so that's why a radio with built in variable power might be a good choice.

While I certainly use the variable on my radios...I also think there's something to be said for a attenuated setup that can run the full output of the radio into an amp without a variable. Gives a little room for operator error :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.