• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Power supply's

Powermax PM3-100LK came in. Was set at 14.4v on the fixed setting. Set it back to 14.1vDC

Will test for noise later on. Have my 2yo son here and he's a handful.
I have two of the PM3-100 and no complaints from either one. The fan is quiet on them and when the fan kicks into high speed, your amp needs a break.

That's a big 10-4 on the 2yo being a handful. Don't even try to take your eyes off them. They move so fast. Keep an eye on the trash can, when they discover what it is, they will have fun putting stuff in it. Like the TV remote and stuff like that. Flushing stuff down the toilet is next. Haha! Between my wife and I, we have five children. A Brady bunch of sorts. Our youngest son is 19 and our baby girl is 15. "Don't blink." They grow up so fast, take lots of pictures.
Chris

What I noticed with just the AT-6666 hooked up tot the PM3-100LK is about a .02 in voltage drop when keying the radio and swinging to like 50w on AM or SSB. And yes I am in "fixed" mode.

Anyone else that has this model able to measure the voltage drop when running any real amps thru it?

I turned it up to 14.47 (tried for 14.5) from 14.1 I had set, but now the AT-6666 says DC HI. So I put the AT-6666 back on my MegaWatt 30/33 and will probably just run the incoming 400HD amp on the PowerMaxx. What should I set the PM for 14.1 again or like 14.3 or ??

My hope was to run amp and radio on one power supply it with voltage drop I'm concerned abit about running both on the PM

I know not much about such things but .02 volt drop doesn’t seem significant.

I’ll check mine tomorrow but the way it’s hooked up now. Nothing on it but a TNT 4-pill amp.

My AT-6666 is on a separate power supply (S-400-12 MegaWatt).

Albert....

I have the voltage on my PowerMax PM3-100LK set at 13.60 volts.

Uniden Washington radio ( 4-pill off) is set at one watt dead key on AM.

With 4-pill amp ON and set on medium power the dead key is 40-50 watt range. PowerMax voltage increases ever so slightly with the dead key to 13.64 volts.

Voice audio into mic Increases volts on PowerMax to 13.70 volts. 4-pill at this point is doing 350+ watts.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.