• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PowerMax 100amp Adjustable Powers Supplies on Sale

I bought the 60 amp model round about two years ago from the same Don Rowe website. Great price too. Don Rowe is a drop shipper. Mine came from Powermax in Florida.

Beware though if you have a problem with it. Mine was making a big hum on my radio. Don Rowe would not take it back, and referred me to Powermax. Powermax would not take it back, and they were very rude.

Luckily, a friend of mine needed it for a battery charger, and I sold it for a $30 or $40 loss. Been so long ago I forget the exact amount.

My advice is buy it from a business that accepts returns. Don Rowe will not accept returns because they don't ship it in the first place.

Last edited:
You can easily buy a used h/p 60 amps computer server power for around 30 bucks .... been using one for the past 4 years not one problem... just a suggestion

You can easily buy a used h/p 60 amps computer server power for around 30 bucks .... been using one for the past 4 years not one problem... just a suggestion
Absolutely, same here been using them for years, i have several i modded/use with varible voltage ranging from 65 amp to 350 amps.

If anyone needs: Free Ship to USA on sale for $184.99 Great Deal

I’ve sold a few thousand of these units. They work well; however, I can’t use it on my Icom 7300. On keyup, the radio shuts down and restarts. I’ve used multiple units with the same result. I switched to an Astron 70. For expensive ham equipment, I suggest going that route. For amps and such, they’re great .

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Down below is your warranty if you use it for amps or radios. This is directly from Powermax VP Sales, Errin Tribble.

Eventually, I was issued an RMA plus I would have had to pay a restocking fee of 20% and shipping for a defective unit. Luckily, I sold it to a friend that needed it to charge batteries. Bought a Megawatt 40 amp, and it ran the two pill 2879 plus the Lincoln radio no problems period.

"Last time I checked our spec says it puts out 14V to charge batteries. Isis not doing that? I know these can be use on Ham/CB radio equipment BUT we dont guarantee that. Our spec shows an out put of 14V to charge batteries. So Id say its working to our spec. Now if someone wants to have a conversation about that we are open BUT I beleive our unit is working to spec"

--
Errin Tribble
VP Sales
574-349-0078
@PowerMaxPM3 (Twitter)

Last edited:
Down below is your warranty if you use it for amps or radios. This is directly from Powermax VP Sales, Errin Tribble.

Eventually, I was issued an RMA plus I would have had to pay a restocking fee of 20% and shipping for a defective unit. Luckily, I sold it to a friend that needed it to charge batteries. Bought a Megawatt 40 amp, and it ran the two pill 2879 plus the Lincoln radio no problems period.

"Last time I checked our spec says it puts out 14V to charge batteries. Isis not doing that? I know these can be use on Ham/CB radio equipment BUT we dont guarantee that. Our spec shows an out put of 14V to charge batteries. So Id say its working to our spec. Now if someone wants to have a conversation about that we are open BUT I beleive our unit is working to spec"

--
Errin Tribble
VP Sales
574-349-0078
@PowerMaxPM3 (Twitter)
They’ve always stood behind their equipment for me. That is to say, if the equipment failed, they would immediately replace it. If the customer was not happy with the performance of the unit when used with an amplifier - voltage drop or what have you - that’s generally the reseller’s responsibility. In those cases, I’d simply refund and resell it as a “returned item.”

The voltage would fluctuate during a sudden burst of heavy current draw and then recover w/ in .5 volts. That would probably be my biggest complaint. I do like the Meanwell units. I just wish they had better (larger) power terminals. I also wish they made a reasonably priced 100 amp unit. The PowerMax will handle up to a 4 gauge wire. That’s nice.

I got a PM3-100LK a few years ago and it's powered radios and amps just fine with room to spare. The only issue I've had is it puts out a lot of noise on 80m. All other bands are fine though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated