• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Powermax Power Supply

The fan in my Power Max doesn't run constant, it is temp. controlled.
I believe that is by design for optimal performance; as I'm sure you knew.
In a cold environment the unit possibly might never reach peak operating temperature, and performance, if the fan was always on.

Really Tokin, not even Jesus boots? Occasionally I hear someone from the "sandbox", 38 SSB.

Last edited:
Rechecked my PM3-75A today. SAS no switch and adjustment screw for constant voltage output mode. It was just recently I learned that some PM3 have the switch and adjuster at opposite end from fuses; was looking for switch/adjuster on side. Here again, it is not a LK model.

Last edited:
Reactions: whiteastro
I believe that is by design for optimal performance; as I'm sure you knew.
In a cold environment the unit possibly might never reach peak operating temperature, and performance, if the fan was always on.

Really Tokin, not even Jesus boots? Occasionally I hear someone from the "sandbox", 38 SSB.
Very rarely am i on 385 anymore or ssb period lately. Mostly 11,19 or 28 am.
I didn't know switcher supplies had an operating temp that had to be met for proper performance

Reactions: whiteastro
I had to change out the cords, add on/off switches and rewire the fans. The factory cord wasnt long enough to go from my desk top to the outlet and as i said im a fan always on kinda guy. No on/off switch is kinda cheap too but easily enough fixed.
I agree with you on the no power switch BS. I get tired of paying for Phantom Power usage. I fixed mine by having a extension cord I made years ago with a Quad Box on the end with a duplex outlet controlled by a toggle switch. I made that for one of those Stupid George Forman grills with no power switch so I didn't arc my wall outlets every time I plugged it in. There should be a law against not having a switch ! And as far as the constant fan goes I don't want to pay for electricity I don't need, but then again I'm not long winded either. I never experienced any of my RM Italy amps get hot, but like I say I'm Short and to the Point. I have been accused of not talking much ! LOL

Last edited:
I agree with you on the no power switch BS. I get tired of paying for Phantom Power usage. I fixed mine by having a extension cord I made years ago with a Quad Box on the end with a duplex outlet controlled by a toggle switch. I made that for one of those Stupid George Forman grills with no power switch so I didn't arc my wall outlets every time I plugged it in. There should be a law against not having a switch ! And as far as the constant fan goes I don't want to pay for electricity I don't need, but then again I'm not long winded either. I never experienced any of my RM Italy amps get hot, but like I say I'm Short and to the Point. I have been accused of not talking much ! LOL
I drilled and put a toggle near the ac input to make it easy. I had one new orange cord that had come in a box of stuff i got for free and the black one i bought on amazon.
Anymore my equipment isnt on long enough to make any difference in my power bill. I stopped leaving my supplies running a couple years ago. Im in the shack for maybe a hour a day lately so everything gets turned on and right back off. 20220918_234327.jpg

I drilled and put a toggle near the ac input to make it easy. I had one new orange cord that had come in a box of stuff i got for free and the black one i bought on amazon.
Anymore my equipment isnt on long enough to make any difference in my power bill. I stopped leaving my supplies running a couple years ago. Im in the shack for maybe a hour a day lately so everything gets turned on and right back off.
Well great minds think a like. I some times wonder all this modern stuff that has a red light to tell me it is off or a light to tell me it is plugged in how much do all these different things add up to in a years time. Back in the 50s we didn't need a light to tell us the TV was turned off. DAAAA Setting here at the Computer my monitor has a blue lite to tell me it is switched on, the speakers have a red lite to tell me they are switched on. The computer and mouse has a red lite. And let's not forget the modem and router lites also. Once upon a time the Electric company use to send me a notice that I used Less electric than my neighbors for a comparison. I wonder what ever happen to That. LOL

Reactions: Tokin
I like these load centers. Seems to be sturdy, have a nice footprint and 2 hole mounting. Now to hook it up and give it a load test.

Attachments

• 20220922_165050.jpg
    20220922_165050.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220922_165108.jpg
    20220922_165108.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220922_170004.jpg
    20220922_170004.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220922_170021_Burst01.jpg
    20220922_170021_Burst01.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated