• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator Freedom DX-K...111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kale`s packing of the 10-K is fine, like JJD said, a plastic bag and a tube and a Allen wrench,
no foam no tie wraps, no $10 paper and no paperwork, I guess he figures if you are smart enough to order it you must be smart enough to mount it.
And for $85 Bucks you get a good antenna.
I have two, both arrived just fine.

Jeff

Kale`s packing of the 10-K is fine, like JJD said, a plastic bag and a tube and a Allen wrench,
no foam no tie wraps, no $10 paper and no paperwork, I guess he figures if you are smart enough to order it you must be smart enough to mount it.
And for $85 Bucks you get a good antenna.
I have two, both arrived just fine.

Jeff

No bubblewrap either?

Only problem I have with Bulldogs Freedom Stick, is what he's charging for 1/2 a antenna...

The idea behind the Freedom Shaft is a good idea, making the 102" Whip stiffer and less likely to flop all over the place at highway speeds, but at $90+ for basically just the shaft (I know there's also the Gunny Ball and a tube of grease and some other Micky-Mouse items and enough packing material you could save and ship radios and amps off for repairs for the next 2 or 3 years) the price is way out of line...

First off, you can buy a New Predator 10K w/the stinger, and have it shipped just about anywhere in the US for about $80.

The Freedom thing will cost you close to $100 shipped, and you still have to go out and buy a 102" Whip for the stinger, if you don't already have one, which is another $20-$25...

CB Magazine just released a comparison test they did comparing the Predator 10K, with the 102" Whip, a Monkey Made, and a couple other antenna's...

End results were so close that in real World conditions Probably no one could tell much difference between the antenna's. (on the air at under 1000w's)
http://www.cbradiomagazine.com/Anten...a Review.htm

Where the Predator 10K always comes out on top, is the excellent craftsmanship that go's into each Predator 10K. (along with how easy they tune) And is ranked as good as a full quarter wave antenna that has no coil. And has great power handling capability's.

One other problem I can see with the Freedom, is since it's 36" tall, and uses a cut-down 102" whip for the stinger, it's going to have allot of wind drag...And by adding the large ball on top, even more so.

This is going to put allot of stress on the bottom of the shaft where the mounting stud is at, and one good whack I can almost guarantee eventually it's going to break at the base. (bye.bye. Mr. Franklin)

The 102" whip won't break because it will bend out of the way, but by having 3' stiff, there's less "give".

IMO...Bulldogs idea is good, but it would be better if the shaft was S.S. instead of aluminum...Kale doesn't offer Predator 10K's with longer shafts than 27" for this reason..."They Break too easy."

welljjd you do bring up a good point on the shaft lenth and wind drag.far as the price
if you think about it ,if one goes and buy say a 55 there about 100.00 i think little less actually .then add a 102 whip to it also.the review cbradio magizine did was really good
with about what id expect.the radio shack 62inch whip surprised me the most.id like
to see him go say 20 miles or until signal was almost lost.but back to the freedom
NO its not for me either .but only cause of its overall lenth .i believe its a really nice
piece and does exactly what it was designred to do.make the whip more stable.
as for performance im not gonna judge cause i aint never tried it .and probaly wont

welljjd you do bring up a good point on the shaft lenth and wind drag.far as the price
if you think about it ,if one goes and buy say a 55 there about 100.00 i think little less actually .then add a 102 whip to it also.the review cbradio magizine did was really good
with about what id expect.the radio shack 62inch whip surprised me the most.id like
to see him go say 20 miles or until signal was almost lost.but back to the freedom
NO its not for me either .but only cause of its overall lenth .i believe its a really nice
piece and does exactly what it was designred to do.make the whip more stable.
as for performance im not gonna judge cause i aint never tried it .and probaly wont

If you buy a 55 from Mr. 55 then your right, you have to supply your own 102" whip...But if you order from Fatboy (the R4 or R6...same thing as a 55) they come with stingers for under $100...

One good thing if you buy from Mr. 55 tho, is he will ship up to 3 55 antenna's for one shipping price. He can put up to 3 antenna's in one package...

I'm with you on the Radio Shack 62" whip...I've never used one, but have seen many posts that guys have wrote complaining about them...It would have been nice to see what kind of results he got, if he had moved out a few more miles.

yep

Only problem I have with Bulldogs Freedom Stick, is what he's charging for 1/2 a antenna...

The idea behind the Freedom Shaft is a good idea, making the 102" Whip stiffer and less likely to flop all over the place at highway speeds, but at $90+ for basically just the shaft (I know there's also the Gunny Ball and a tube of grease and some other Micky-Mouse items and enough packing material you could save and ship radios and amps off for repairs for the next 2 or 3 years) the price is way out of line...

First off, you can buy a New Predator 10K w/the stinger, and have it shipped just about anywhere in the US for about $80.

The Freedom thing will cost you close to $100 shipped, and you still have to go out and buy a 102" Whip for the stinger, if you don't already have one, which is another $20-$25...

CB Magazine just released a comparison test they did comparing the Predator 10K, with the 102" Whip, a Monkey Made, and a couple other antenna's...

End results were so close that in real World conditions Probably no one could tell much difference between the antenna's. (on the air at under 1000w's)
http://www.cbradiomagazine.com/Anten...a Review.htm

Where the Predator 10K always comes out on top, is the excellent craftsmanship that go's into each Predator 10K. (along with how easy they tune) And is ranked as good as a full quarter wave antenna that has no coil. And has great power handling capability's.

One other problem I can see with the Freedom, is since it's 36" tall, and uses a cut-down 102" whip for the stinger, it's going to have allot of wind drag...And by adding the large ball on top, even more so.

This is going to put allot of stress on the bottom of the shaft where the mounting stud is at, and one good whack I can almost guarantee eventually it's going to break at the base. (bye.bye. Mr. Franklin)

The 102" whip won't break because it will bend out of the way, but by having 3' stiff, there's less "give".

IMO...Bulldogs idea is good, but it would be better if the shaft was S.S. instead of aluminum...Kale doesn't offer Predator 10K's with longer shafts than 27" for this reason..."They Break too easy."

pay a 100.00 for a half of a antenna. what a scam. but hey if he is making money from people that don't know any better.
more power to him.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.