• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator Freedom DX-K...111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well im probaly gonna get ripped for this but i dont really care . the only reason
any of ya seem to have a uissue with this antenna is because bulldog is involved
i know you know it. and sense when does kayle make junk antennas? he doesnt
just bad mouthing cause iof bulldog. if jjd was backing this antenna instead
of bulldog i bet everyones opinions wold be different. @ jon who are you to judge
what is good quaility and what is junk? what machining skills do you have?have you ever built a mobile antenna?now i personally wouldnt buy it only cause i wouldnt drive around
with a 9 foot antenna on the roof of my van. just my choice .

Reactions: 1 person
but bulldog committed a cardinal sin . he said the coil on the 30k made the antenna louder . he did later say he had just passed on the louder comment because kale had told him some other folks said it was louder . bullldog later said he didn't notice any louder audio with the 30k and that he shouldn't have passed on the louder audio comment . and as far as i can tell he hasn't .

yes hes selling a pipe (with a corona ball that will only benefit a high powered setup) and i agree the paper and rubber cap add nothing to the antenna . ugly/beauty is in the eye of the beholder . but this antenna does help with overcoming the second biggest complaint about using a full length quarter wave antenna on the mobile . it laying back in the wind so bad when driving on the highway .

is it gonna be every ones cup of tea ? ....... no it isn't
is any other antenna ? ...................... no again .

well im probaly gonna get ripped for this but i dont really care . the only reason
any of ya seem to have a uissue with this antenna is because bulldog is involved
i know you know it. and sense when does kayle make junk antennas? he doesnt
just bad mouthing cause iof bulldog. if jjd was backing this antenna instead
of bulldog i bet everyones opinions wold be different. @ jon who are you to judge
what is good quaility and what is junk? what machining skills do you have?have you ever built a mobile antenna?now i personally wouldnt buy it only cause i wouldnt drive around
with a 9 foot antenna on the roof of my van. just my choice .

:LOL: I'm not going to rip into you, but you really shouldn't group 'everyone' into your opinion as to whether or not an opposing opinion would change just because the source did. As I said previously, my opinion would remain the same whether Kale, JDD or anyone else was marketing this 'antenna' and charging close to $100 for it. Some people may change their opinion (the sheep) under those circumstances, but I'm quite confident that 'everyone' wouldn't. I don't need the approval of certain forum members, others telling me how I should think and feel, or be associated with a particular clique of people just so I 'fit in' and/or can feel good about myself. If you or anyone else wants to drop a Franklin on this partial antenna then go for it, but it's going to take a lot more than BS...err...BD marketing, needless expenses and a picture of an antenna on BD's truck (that all ends up in the garbage) to pry my wallet open. I'm not badmouthing anyone, and it has absolutely nothing to do with anything anyone may have previously said. It has to do with value versus cost versus added benefit. The only 'plus' that may be offered is less flex at highway speeds, but I seriously doubt you will see a noticable improvement. The claim has been made that it offers less flex, but I'd like to see a comparison between the MFJ 108" and this antenna - something that hasn't been offered up.

rofl

but it makes your radio louder rofl
fail. and yes i do not care much for bd
and yes i make my own antennas. its not rocket science.
the way i drive that antenna would break.
good effort though to rip people off

i don't recall bulldog saying the freedom dx-k provided louder audio . please either link to a thread with him saying so , or stop saying it .

rather than locking a thread , how about just not clicking on it if you dont like the thread ?
maybe folks should learn how to do that !!!!

Reactions: 1 person
i don't recall bulldog saying the freedom dx-k provided louder audio . please either link to a thread with him saying so , or stop saying it .

rather than locking a thread , how about just not clicking on it if you dont like the thread ?
maybe folks should learn how to do that !!!!

nothingwrongwiththethreadijustthinkglrsaidwhatneededtobesaidandthatsit.ialsobelievepuncuationisimportant.

I dont know what the big deal is here on this whip adjuster. Its just a piece of Aluminum pipe. Dont know why all the fuss is. One can make his own. And yes, Kale never makes JUNK, its all Quality and Performance. If it didnʻt work, I wouldnʻt even think of purchasing one but I have had 6 10kʻs thru out the years. Im down to 2 now. Thinking of getting a 27" 10k for the Base. Find something worth posting about, not picking on someone else just becuase heʻs trying to make some honest bucks.

Only problem I have with Bulldogs Freedom Stick, is what he's charging for 1/2 a antenna...

The idea behind the Freedom Shaft is a good idea, making the 102" Whip stiffer and less likely to flop all over the place at highway speeds, but at $90+ for basically just the shaft (I know there's also the Gunny Ball and a tube of grease and some other Micky-Mouse items and enough packing material you could save and ship radios and amps off for repairs for the next 2 or 3 years) the price is way out of line...

First off, you can buy a New Predator 10K w/the stinger, and have it shipped just about anywhere in the US for about $80.

The Freedom thing will cost you close to $100 shipped, and you still have to go out and buy a 102" Whip for the stinger, if you don't already have one, which is another $20-$25...

CB Magazine just released a comparison test they did comparing the Predator 10K, with the 102" Whip, a Monkey Made, and a couple other antenna's...

End results were so close that in real World conditions Probably no one could tell much difference between the antenna's. (on the air at under 1000w's)
http://www.cbradiomagazine.com/Anten...a Review.htm

Where the Predator 10K always comes out on top, is the excellent craftsmanship that go's into each Predator 10K. (along with how easy they tune) And is ranked as good as a full quarter wave antenna that has no coil. And has great power handling capability's.

One other problem I can see with the Freedom, is since it's 36" tall, and uses a cut-down 102" whip for the stinger, it's going to have allot of wind drag...And by adding the large ball on top, even more so.

This is going to put allot of stress on the bottom of the shaft where the mounting stud is at, and one good whack I can almost guarantee eventually it's going to break at the base. (bye.bye. Mr. Franklin)

The 102" whip won't break because it will bend out of the way, but by having 3' stiff, there's less "give".

IMO...Bulldogs idea is good, but it would be better if the shaft was S.S. instead of aluminum...Kale doesn't offer Predator 10K's with longer shafts than 27" for this reason..."They Break too easy."

JJD please have Kale produce a video of his packaging methods. I will closely compare his packing skills to the proven techniques of Bulldog before making my purchase.

JJD please have Kale produce a video of his packaging methods. I will closely compare his packing skills to the proven techniques of Bulldog before making my purchase.

Don't think Kale is up to doing videos...He's just now getting the hang of getting "On-Line"....But, I can tell ya the packing consists of a cardboard tube, and a plastic bag if that helps.:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.