• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator Freedom DX-K...111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

office888,
So what's the difference between this thing and a 108" whip? Physically, you can see the differences. Electrically, there is no difference other than it won't move around as much when moving. Which also means that the SWR probably won't 'move' as much when the vehicle it's on is moving. I'm sure that would be worth the additional cost over a typical 1/4 wave whip for some people, but maybe not for others.
- 'Doc

)Of course, you didn't know any of that, right?? ;))

office888,
So what's the difference between this thing and a 108" whip? Physically, you can see the differences. Electrically, there is no difference other than it won't move around as much when moving. Which also means that the SWR probably won't 'move' as much when the vehicle it's on is moving. I'm sure that would be worth the additional cost over a typical 1/4 wave whip for some people, but maybe not for others.
- 'Doc

the two biggest complaints about running a 102 or a 108 inch antenna on a mobile is the height of it hitting so many things and it laying back in the wind when driving . coils are good at reducing the physical height of antennas , but at the with more performance loss the shorter you go .

as far as keeping more or most of the 102/108 vertical the freedom shaft seems to do better at that than any other product iv'e seen so far . the 3 ft of adjustment range gives it a very wide frequency adjustment range up to 15 meters . gunnys corona ball is a nice looking touch , im sure high power users will like it . the noalox is a nice touch too .

bulldog is not making any wild or outrageous claims about this antenna .

people can change their minds . if he makes a million dollars off these antennas good for him .
i think anyone that complains about someone else making a HONEST BUCK really needs to find something else to complain about .

Here is how it breaks down, Kale gets his without any further hype or advertisement and what ever happens after that is how good a snake oil salesman is and the sky is the limit.

It's hard to overcome a bad rap and that's why Reno hasn't stuck his head in here as of late which is a smart call but there are tons of newbie radio forums and one's that cut your head off if you make waves because they too receive kickbacks from the snake oilier and that's how that shakes out.

office888,
- 'Doc

Only joking!

I don't think the benefit of having a less flexible antenna is worth the cost.

In order of rigidity, what I would run:
Ratshack 102" stainless tapered whip
96" fiberglass whip
Lowes special copper tube

Saw the plans for the Lowes special antenna online. 10 ft piece of 3/4" copper tube from lowes, a cap with a hole drilled in it, a 3/8x24 bolt to put inside the tube and run through the caphole. The guy I saw who did this also put a quick disconnect in the middle so he could shorten it.

~$35 of material, and you've got yourself a completely solid, rigid, QRO-capable antenna.

Last edited:
Only joking!

I don't think the benefit of having a less flexible antenna is worth the cost.

In order of rigidity, what I would run:
Ratshack 102" stainless tapered whip
96" fiberglass whip
Lowes special copper tube

Saw the plans for the Lowes special antenna online. 10 ft piece of 3/4" copper tube from lowes, a cap with a hole drilled in it, a 3/8x24 bolt to put inside the tube and run through the caphole. The guy I saw who did this also put a quick disconnect in the middle so he could shorten it.

~$35 of material, and you've got yourself a completely solid, rigid, QRO-capable antenna.

The $5 Hustler Mast

(y)(y)(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
So your'e saying bulldawg is his own entity now and Kale is just one of his suppliers?

I'd be willing to bet that Kale is still carrying the full cost of this "antennas" and bulldawg is what he's always been and that's just another cheerleader hoping to
make a fast buck.

No matter who's idea the shaft length is it's just a niche in the market and all it needs is a salesman to pitch it and Reno fits the Bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see anything wrong with that Mack. Someones gotta make some bucks. I mean, its better than the Shiny 6" spring that rusts after a couple years. Uniden68 also makes these and Gunny. Gunnyʻs are just a replacement for the spring but he can make different lengths. Uniden68ʻs are adjustable like the Freedom. Looks like the gunny site is down. You can check them out here. It dont matter whos pitching or whos making money, I think it was a great idea for those looking for solutions for the 102 whip.

By the way, whats the pitch here? Its just an adjuster for a whip. No magic here.

http://www.mauldroppers.com/showthread.php?12870-Quarter-Wave-Whip-Adjuster

I dont see anything wrong. It dont matter whos pitching or whos making money, I think it was a great idea for those looking for solutions for the 102 whip.

By the way, whats the pitch here? Its just an adjuster for a whip. No magic here.

http://www.mauldroppers.com/showthread.php?12870-Quarter-Wave-Whip-Adjuster

Recent image by BigHoss2032 on Photobucket

guess someone is upset cause they didnt do it.i dont see anything at all
wrong with bulldog selling these or selling them for kayle not sure which it is
if he can make a buck or two doing it then good for him.as far as what it does
it does make a 108 much more stable a plus in my book. just my opinion guys
not to offend anyone

guess someone is upset cause they didnt do it.i dont see anything at all
wrong with bulldog selling these or selling them for kayle not sure which it is
if he can make a buck or two doing it then good for him.as far as what it does
it does make a 108 much more stable a plus in my book. just my opinion guys
not to offend anyone