• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator Freedom DX-K...111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The man spent 18 minutes packing that antenna and did one hell of a job. Credit where credit is due for a job well done.

Actual packing time is under 5 minutes. The rest of the time he is explaining how he is packing it. Impressive - yes - but definitely overkill and a waste of materials in my opinion. A piece of shipping tape would be more than sufficient to seal the ends of the bubble wrap. No wire ties are needed. I'm smart enough to figure out which end is up on the package by the way the shipping label is affixed, so no need for that label. The US flag is a nice personal touch, but not needed. Stapling the ends on the tube is standard procedure. Every order I've placed that came in a tube was secured like that, so nothing overkill about that, but the rest of the above mentioned does nothing but add to the cost you are paying. :blink:

...Just a pipe...OK, there's a tube of grease and a piece of paper that proves you spent close to a Hundred Dollars for the grease and pipe...

There's one born every minute, but for that kind of money he had better include the tube of grease. It will help to ease the pain as he sticks it to you... :LOL:

Man comes up with what I consider to be a very good way to stabilize a long whip on the vehicle, is proud of his product and is marketing it just like they do products on TV.

I really don't understand all of the negative comments.

Now what if Kale himself had come out with this antenna?

:whistle::pop:

Man comes up with what I consider to be a very good way to stabilize a long whip on the vehicle, is proud of his product and is marketing it just like they do products on TV.

He did years ago...Just never marketed them, but he will build anyone- just about anything they want...So if you wanted a 48" pipe to stick your 102" whip in, just give him a call, and I'll bet he'll make you one...Or any other length...

He also built some fighting sticks with adjustable tips...just never marketed them.

Supply and Demand and what the market will bear. If I was going to run a full whip, I would buy one. But then again, I also think some of us get a little carried away trying to squeeze every last watt out of our systems anyway. :laugh:

To each his own and if it makes one person happy who am I to say...........

That 'design' has been on the market for years. People have been using anti-corrosion compounds on their antennas for years. Nothing new there. The only thing new about it is that BD is promoting it. Just like products advertised on TV, you have to take what the salesman says with a large dose of salt. Personally, I strive to deal with people that are up front and honest from the very beginning - not people that make claims that they have no facts to back up. How is a piece of aluminum tubing and a whip that is 102 - 108 inches long going to be a 'quarter wave killer' when it is in itself a quarter wave? If my opinion appears to be 'negative' that's because you read something into it that was not there. It's my honest opinion and is not sprinkled with sarcasm, negativity or anything else you'd like to season it with to suit your taste (agenda). If Kale was promoting it, and was forcing me to absorb part of the cost of labels that aren't needed, wire ties and pictures of the antenna mounted on his vehicle then my opinion would be exactly the same - and worded the same. Even if the shipping criteria was different but the pricing was the same I would still have the same opinion. Nothing would change. Why would I change my opinion just because of the source? I call them as I see them. There is a lot of wasted material that (by the price of the 'antenna') the end user is obviously having to help foot the bill for.

Professional cheerleader JJD talking bad about a Kale made product? Say it ain't so!

I always considered him more of a
ballhuggerss.jpg

As Frank on Everybody Loves Raymond would say "HOLY CRAP"!

I have never seen that one. Good find, I wonder if DJ Boutit has considered co-phasing a couple of those?

That one Kale didn't actually build...It was built by a guy that go's by Judge Bean out of a old aluminum crutch, and a couple of Predators....And believe it or not, Judge won several Key Downs with it...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.