• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Bill FCC

That's where a 10 gallon Fuel fill-up at Flying-J or Pilot - gets us a free pass for a chance to clean up and smell nice and remove the "Yeti-style" facial hair to impress the waitresses - or XYL - depending on whom recognizes us standing (or sitting) waiting for a seat in the Restaurant side of the courtyard.

Reactions: Rwb
That's where a 10 gallon Fuel fill-up at Flying-J or Pilot - gets us a free pass for a chance to clean up and smell nice and remove the "Yeti-style" facial hair to impress the waitresses - or XYL - depending on whom recognizes us standing (or sitting) waiting for a seat in the Restaurant side of the courtyard.
Yes loose that stanky b.o. I cant work then just go to bed must shower,shave n feel human again.

Those were some fun days, met a lot of people and learned their local "flavor" that way...If only for a short while.

Then back on the road again for the next stop.

It's the ones that remember you when you return - is what makes it a special place - found lots of them on the road...

Sometimes I'd be able to stop at the terminal in town, but, still had to go to the Truck Stop for a clean shower. Those terminal "Stalls" - ugh...

Reactions: Rwb
Those were some fun days, met a lot of people and learned their local "flavor" that way...If only for a short while.

Then back on the road again for the next stop.

It's the ones that remember you when you return - is what makes it a special place - found lots of them on the road...

Sometimes I'd be able to stop at the terminal in town, but, still had to go to the Truck Stop for a clean shower. Those terminal "Stalls" - ugh...
eww nasty.i drove for an outfit that had beds n showers set up.looked in 1 and seen bugs scurring round.i never used their bed n shower.
We also bought fuel from more mom n pop placesthey always remembered us

I’m happy enough for the chains. Not in principle, mind you, but for repeated high standards. They’re reliable.

Some are located in terrible places. But the employees persevere.

I know what I’m getting.

Sure, you have to pay for convenience. But it’s available.

Wally is the other part.

It isn’t hard to stay on the road continuously. The Net makes trucking easier than before. Supply and overnights aren’t a hassle.

That the roads are now FULL of cars nationwide all day and into the night is what’s the problem. Who are they who don’t have to work? Millions.

Nothing like this twenty years ago. Some cars all day. More by far than thirty or forty, but now it’s out of control. And unexplained.

I’m happy enough for the chains. Not in principle, mind you, but for repeated high standards. They’re reliable.

Some are located in terrible places. But the employees persevere.

I know what I’m getting.

Sure, you have to pay for convenience. But it’s available.

Wally is the other part.

It isn’t hard to stay on the road continuously. The Net makes trucking easier than before. Supply and overnights aren’t a hassle.

That the roads are now FULL of cars nationwide all day and into the night is what’s the problem. Who are they who don’t have to work? Millions.

Nothing like this twenty years ago. Some cars all day. More by far than thirty or forty, but now it’s out of control. And unexplained.
i always liked to truck after sundown,miss all the cars.and still prefer nitetime trucking

Has anybody found a schematic or service manual for this radio? I thought it would be amusing to see what sort of improvements could be made to this thing.

Hi RabbiPorkChop! I don't have a service manual, but found this tidbit on YouTube on Farpoint Farms channel in comments for his Part 1 review. I have not tried this yet but hope to do so soon.

"Here's the deal though, it comes from the factory with the xmit power set at about 2.6 watts. I got into the service menu and raised it to about 3.9 watts, that's all it will do. I left the modulation alone. Other than that, there are no adjustments internally. To access the service menu, turn radio off. Hold down CB/WX, EMG, and PTT then turn the radio on. You will now be in the service menu. PL is your xmit power."

Hope this is useful to someone.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated