• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Bill FCC

Since I'm not a con artist my first instinct was to be honest with the guy. I kind of forgot but he probably deals with all sorts of con artists purchasing radios and tweaking on them in a drug-induced stupor and then complaining about warranty issues wanting to send the radio back for warranty work. I suppose I'll have to be more discreet next time I ask for information like that. I did tell him my purchase would depend on the availability of the schematic and service manual and without those two items I would not be making a purchase.

Hey guys,
I was hoping someone on this forum that i make fun of all the time on youtube might help me out and show me where i can find the service info for a radio.

why?
so that i can look at it and come up with improvements even though i've told all of you guys repeatedly that i am not a tech nor do i have the knowledge to modify radios.
that's why i have my friend do it all for me.

oh BTW, the service info is not for me, im just asking for a friend...
RPC (oops)
LC

You seem to know all about the con artists out there, how did you forget that soom fools try to mod SMT radios with through hole parts? Does that black goop ring any bells?

You and your buddy are so keen on "exposing" people, but honestly you failed to differentiate yourself from a "drugged up modder" or "industry theif" in the eyes of whom you communicated with.

You do realize that a radio like that could be cloned from a F.S.M. (minus programming) why would a company risk a (potentially) very profitable design to someone they can't trust.

It seems that the trust worthy service shops have access to these documents.

~Cheers~

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRealPorkchop
We now know (with just the above alone example) why Uniden shut it's doors to information, it got tired of (Rabbi-type) people turning their backs on them too...just to make a buck...with excuses...

So now you know why - those that know - withhold from those that are far more dangerous with their irresponsibility of using the information AGAINST others for the purpose of harm...

Rabbi - you're the seed, so when you think you're not doing any harm, we have evidence you take - troll - phish - skim - steal - from others so you can feed a habit.

Your very first post on this thread is just the tip of a very large iceberg you keep trying to submerge.

Thank you for your admonition of your own admission. However, it does not suit our present needs.
We can give someone a fish, they'll eat a meal, teach them how to fish, and they can live a full well-lived life from the effort.

Ever hear of the Phrase "I come from a long line of love?"

Same could be said for Hate and Impatience - (SEE: Ishmael)

Happy Valentines Day...

And since you came here to the untrustworthy people and asked for the document in question, if we give it to you then that makes you a parasite.

If you were trustworthy and credible I don’t think you’d have any issue acquiring any information you needed and you’d have no place here on this forum. That’s not the case though.

Actually, you don’t have a place here but you’re a parasite and you love to troll someone any chance you get. Before you go up against the people of this forum you should really think about who you’re actually trying to insult. 90% of the guys here hold a license of some sort related to radio and/or radio repair. And just so you know, none of them is any $14.99 mail order degrees either like someone else we all know and hate.

This radio strikes me as being the "Bao Feng" of CB radios.

Ever try to obtain a schemo or service data for one of those?

Looks as if it's constructed from similar technology.

The Holy Grail for this radio would be the source code for the firmware inside it.

I suspect the only service data that would ever see the light of day for the "Bill" radio would have to be laboriously reverse engineered the way Howard Sams used to do for consumer electronics generations ago.

Any volunteers?

I've done my 2 cents and people questioned it , so I'll have to let the thread wander as it may.

I've had one in my hands, and to be honest they are much like the "BaoFeng" (Which if you research the phrase means (Bao = Never) and Feng refers to an attached noun - aka descriptor - aka adjective - (Great, Handsome, Vast, Rich) - so it looks to be more of a moniker to the person whom attempts to do business with the one called as such - meaning they will be left in such a state...

So, as hilarious as it sounds, it is a literal; so proceed to do business as such - with them - at your own risk of peril.

Reactions: TheRealPorkchop
Dude, come on and tell us how you really feel. I too have noticed people that join in and quickly start this kind of shit storm.
I will say this about TRPC, you know where you stand. Bottom feeder or a prize winning bass. Any way you look at it you are just another fish.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Has anybody found a schematic or service manual for this radio? I thought it would be amusing to see what sort of improvements could be made to this thing.

In the past you have presented yourself as just a dumb truck driver.....your words....that did not understand much about radios only that you knew when you liked something. More and more often now you offer info that only a tech would either have or want. I still say you are a certain person from a certain unme tionable CB radio shop. Notice I did not name him or it as I would not want to ban myself. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated