• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant 2........?

410 dollars with tax and shipping, wow that's an expensive ssb radio. Too rich for my taste, I'll wait for the Lincoln 2.

410 dollars with tax and shipping, wow that's an expensive ssb radio. Too rich for my taste, I'll wait for the Lincoln 2.

The UK price is around £200 inc 20% sales tax which works out around $320 so someone is definitely cashing in.

The Lincoln 2 is more expensive.

I've talked to a retailer in the UK via several e-mails. I found it for around 350.00 shipped. haven't ordered it yet but plan on it in the near future. it's definitely gonna be the replacement for my Galaxy 99v2.

I guess you could say that duster, I have never owned a cre8900, only the magnum 257hp and a bunch of cobras, galaxy's and so on. You know more about them then I do. (Not joking). I am far from any type of radio expert, I had an old Lincoln and really miss it, heck had a few nice old mobile radios, but times marches on and so did those radios. I just think it's just a matter of opinion really. I like both radios, but if I had to choose one it would be the Lincoln 2. JMO an that's all. God bless.

the way it looks to me is the Lincoln2 is a re-boxed cre/anytone/maxlog/stryker made in china design. The Grant2 is actually made by uniden in the uniden factory, id rather have the grant2.

don't get me wrong, im sure the Lincoln is still a good radio, the vids look good,, if they actually fixed the little issues that each the Chinese radios had they would have a winner, it seems each newer Chinese model is better than the last one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
the way it looks to me is the Lincoln2 is a re-boxed cre/anytone/maxlog/stryker made in china design. The Grant2 is actually made by uniden in the uniden factory, id rather have the grant2.

Now,that I did not know. The only Chinese I like is at the Chinese takeout.
Thanks for the info!

I guess the Grant 2 can be bought and shipped to the states now?

the way it looks to me is the Lincoln2 is a re-boxed cre/anytone/maxlog/stryker made in china design.
Apart from the fact it doesn't operate the same or look the same internally...

The Grant2 is actually made by uniden in the uniden factory

I think you'll find its also made in China.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.