• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant 2........?

I ordered one today. Supposed to be getting info on clarifier mod as well.

We shall see.

I will not be buying the Lincoln. The lack of a CW review was the deal breaker for me.

Reactions: 2 people
I received my Grant 2 last week shipped from Thunderpole in the U.K.

I had to do some U.S. Customs paperwork for the UPS broker but it got released.

Expensive radio but it is NICE. I was a little disappointed in the power output on SSB.......it peaked out at 8W. I little twist of the ALC and I'm a solid 14 with a whistle. I touched up the modulation a little too. Getting great reports from contacts. Export mod took 20 seconds to complete...and thats cause I had to take all the screws out to get the cover off ! !

This is everything I hoped the 980SSB could be. So I guess my 980 is now officially a paperweight.

I was a little disappointed in the power output on SSB.......it peaked out at 8W. I little twist of the ALC and I'm a solid 14 with a whistle.

And nobody will be able to tell the difference other than you and the single final which will now be running twice as hot.

And nobody will be able to tell the difference other than you and the single final which will now be running twice as hot.

So the spec sheet says SSB output is supposed to be 12 watts....and it shows 8 watts max when pushing modulation. I bumped it up to 14 if I really whistle. During "normal" modulation it swings between 7-10 on the meter.

I really doubt the final will suffer at all at this level.

I received my Grant 2 last week shipped from Thunderpole in the U.K.

I had to do some U.S. Customs paperwork for the UPS broker but it got released.

Expensive radio but it is NICE. I was a little disappointed in the power output on SSB.......it peaked out at 8W. I little twist of the ALC and I'm a solid 14 with a whistle. I touched up the modulation a little too. Getting great reports from contacts. Export mod took 20 seconds to complete...and thats cause I had to take all the screws out to get the cover off ! !

This is everything I hoped the 980SSB could be. So I guess my 980 is now officially a paperweight.

What did the paperwork consist of? Anything that could prevent the release from UPS?

I had to fill out FCC Form 740 and declare one of the many choices available on the form for Customs to let it out of the cage. I believe I checked the box that said something related to "Importing Limited Quantities for evaluation and market suitability". The top has to be filled out COMPLETELY including the manufacturers name, address, make and model number, quantity imported, etc.

I've been ordering radios from overseas for years. This is the first time I've ever had one flagged for anything.

After providing the form to UPS via e-mail it was released within hours.

Hope that helps.......just in case it gets stopped.

Deep fried mars bars originate from Scotland. (jazzsinger) :laugh:

Must admit I've never tried one, in chip shops I go for a fish,chicken or king rib supper, or fish and chips and chicken or king rib and chips as they are known in England,

Ask for a fish supper there and they look at you as if you have horns,baring the same blank expression they do on the odd occasion we hump them at football.

Myself I'm more into chinese curry, or my other two favourites when mangled on the Bob Hope from Indian restaurants/takeaways, the infamous Munchybox,

a combination of chips,donner meat (lamb),chicken,mushroom and vegetable pakora along with chicken chat and salad,usually served with a kebab spicy dip (mainly ketchup,water,mint and chili powder,but sometimes with tomato soup as base or finely grated cabbage added), along with pakora sauce which is mainly (ketchup/yoghurt,water,less chili powder and sometimes less mint powder)

Or Grill box,same as above but with. Veg and mushroom pakora substituted with Lamb Tikka and Chicken Tikka.Both sometimes contain onion rings or/and samosas too and either pitta bread or nan bread along with cans of coke/irn bru or bottles off those in some shops,they vary from shop to shop in quantity and quality but definately Glesga's most liked munchable when pished or stoned,which for most Weegies is daily.

Both are rarely found 20 miles outside glasgow and are served in 10,12 or 16 inch Pizza box, with amount of weed consumed in area they are massive sellers. As are rolling papers,

I remember talking to the guy in Ice cream van who told me they used to sell 2 boxes a month to people rolling cigarettes, they now sell 3 boxes a night, so either Glasgow has took a craze on rolled up cigarettes or half the population is stoned nightly, going by the smell in every close in the area I'd guess the latter,

fact drug squad have drove up my street twice already tonight as their spotter car is well known, all police vehicles around here are Ford Focus's with registrations starting SF this one SF10DVP and busted half my close of 6 houses since good friday when I got a visit, it tends to also suggest the latter is the case man,lmao.

Should image search Google "Munchy box" and bare in mind that's a one person meal on the munchies, should rival most big meals in the states, PURE KWALITY MAN as we say in Glesga ;)

Deep fried Mars bars are for lightweights ;) llf

73 Jazz

Last edited:
the way it looks to me is the Lincoln2 is a re-boxed cre/anytone/maxlog/stryker made in china design. The Grant2 is actually made by uniden in the uniden factory, id rather have the grant2.

don't get me wrong, im sure the Lincoln is still a good radio, the vids look good,, if they actually fixed the little issues that each the Chinese radios had they would have a winner, it seems each newer Chinese model is better than the last one.

Hate to disappoint you but Uniden Factory is in Shenzhen Province in China too, possibly same factory other radios are coming from or in same area,The days of fantastic Taiwan and Philippine Uniden great radios are long gone ;) Jazz.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.