• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant Export Sideband Carrier

CB590,
It looks from the pictures that this radio still has the factory original electrolytic capacitors in it. At their age, consistent performance will be hard to achieve-both RX and TX.
If it were mine, I would recap it and align all functions.

My 2 cents. Good luck!

David

The "solder wick" between all of the tuning cans is a new one on me. I would think it to be someones attempt to "restore" a proper circuit board ground to the tuning cans??? If Uniden/President didn't think it necessary, why would it be there? But who's to know.

I do know I have never seen anything like that but perhaps I have lived a sheltered life.

At the age of this unit, you would be "protecting your investment" by recapping this unit now before more destructive things happen. It is a nice unit with great features.

David

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.