• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln 2 mic options??

When I bought my II+ I found that my Uniden 6-to-4 adapter didn't work correctly and had to order a President 6-to-4. At least, that's what I remember...
I picked up two such adapters and the Delta is fine. On the other hand, my 575-M6 isn't too thrilled with the concept, keeps going down a channel when I key up.

Also had to go in and open tweak the AM Mod. Didn't make the difference that I wanted, but it's better than before according to my mod meter.

Anyone on here with a Lincoln 2 v3 or + model have any suggestions for a microphone (currently available models, not CR577, etc.) Can be a hand mic not a desk mic.. Though this rig is home use only for me..

These radios has been out for almost 3 years, surely someone must have switched to an aftermarket microphone..

I have a Astatic 636l sitting here, but before I change the 4 pin to 6 pin I figured I'd ask also about this mic as well. (Yes I have the wiring diagram)..
just curious but why change it?
im told its the best match for the radio. and everybody i talked to using that original mic says it sounds great. as said just curious

Reactions: Woody-202
just curious but why change it?
im told its the best match for the radio. and everybody i talked to using that original mic says it sounds great. as said just curious
I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion and/or preference.

I run a Lincoln + II V3 in my everyday transportation and another one as a base for my home down in Florida. The mod is....ok. But that's about it. Even as a base, it seems to lack a louder or more present modulation.

• Wow
Reactions: Rwb
I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion and/or preference.

I run a Lincoln + II V3 in my everyday transportation and another one as a base for my home down in Florida. The mod is....ok. But that's about it. Even as a base, it seems to lack a louder or more present modulation.
Well, how's that k-po mic doing?

Reactions: Rwb
Tried it out yesterday and it kicks butt. I couldn't get this radio to overmodulate for anything, but I managed to pull it off with this mike. At 60% mike gain at the radio and 100% on the mike, the mod is perfect. Very impressed, especially considering the price these goes for..
sounds like a good match... but why turn down mic gain on radio.. try leaving mic gain on radio wide open.. then turn up power mic till ya get ya desired level ..half way point ??? maybe

sounds like a good match... but why turn down mic gain on radio.. try leaving mic gain on radio wide open.. then turn up power mic till ya get ya desired level ..half way point ??? maybe
Because the way the gain is placed on the mike, I somehow keep wiping it higher or lower. So I crank it to the max and adjust through the radio gain knob, where my fingers rarely ever go.
Why, do you think the mod is better when you limit the mike instead?

Last edited:
Tried it out yesterday and it kicks butt. I couldn't get this radio to overmodulate for anything, but I managed to pull it off with this mike. At 60% mike gain at the radio and 100% on the mike, the mod is perfect. Very impressed, especially considering the price these goes for..
That is good to know, I will definitely get a K-PO mic now. Thanks for the report!

Reactions: Rwb and LOJAC
Because the way the gain is placed on the mike, I somehow keep wiping it higher or lower. So I crank it to the max and adjust through the radio gain knob, which my fingers rarely ever go.
Why, do you think the mod is better when you limit the mike instead?
generally thats just how i run mine.. plus imho i feel it keeps back noise to a minumin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated