• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln II AM dead key and swing

Yep. Leave it alone if it's working. And yes it's most likely some type of cap or resistor mod to lower the dead key, or an NPC mod. But why all the swing. It isn't going to do anything running stock or with the amp. Get the carrier of amp set and quit looking at the meter so much!! If you are being told you sound good then leave it alone man. Swing mods and such look good on the meter, but some can look awful on a scope!! Just saying. And again no one on the other end will notice the difference. JMHO.

Reactions: hotrod and jadocs
Yep. Leave it alone if it's working. And yes it's most likely some type of cap or resistor mod to lower the dead key, or an NPC mod. But why all the swing. It isn't going to do anything running stock or with the amp. Get the carrier of amp set and quit looking at the meter so much!! If you are being told you sound good then leave it alone man. Swing mods and such look good on the meter, but some can look awful on a scope!! Just saying. And again no one on the other end will notice the difference. JMHO.
agreed!! i had a swing mod done on a grant xl on am way back when. and i mostly do ssb now and for whatever reason ssb sounds awful at best.trust me ive been down that road too ..many years ago

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.